My Friends and I Become Detectives

(I ONLY OWN THE PLOT AND THE FEW CHARACTERS I MADE UP!!!! ALL OTHER CHARACTERS, LOCATIONS, AND REFERENCES TO PAST WORKS BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN AND J.K ROWLING!!!!)

Percy's POV:

I could see it in Chiron's eyes that something was wrong, even though he seemed all happy and his normal self, his eyes didn't have their usually twinkle in them. Something was about to happen that he wasn't telling anyone. I just prayed it has nothing to do with me. Even though I knew that was extremely wishful thinking.

Annabeth came up to me as we got in line to burn food, "Did you notice his eyes too?" she asked me softly and discreetly. I nodded, "What do you think it is?"

"I have an idea I just hope I am wrong," she whispered.

"I think we're on the same page with that thought," I agreed. "For Poseidon..." I scraped the best part of my meal not the fire. And got hit with the amazing salty smell of ocean water. I waited for Annabeth to finish up offering to her mother and walked back to the tables with her. When we got to my table I kissed her on the cheek and went back again to my table with Grover to ask him what he thought. Annabeth, him, and I always could tell when something was wrong with Chiron.

"Blahhh, were you and Annabeth talking about Chiron's eyes?" Grover asked me after starting with his signature nervous bleat.

"Yeah, we both agreed that we hope it is not what we both are assuming it is about, which we didn't actually confirm what we were thinking but I have to assume we were both thinking about what if it is another Great Prophecy?" I rushed. My sentences lowkey didn't make any sense but I was nervous.

"That's what I was thinking too. But with our luck it probably is. The first time we thought we were safe for the rest of our lives after the Great Prophecy you and Jason get memories wiped, switched and The Second Great Prophecy starts. Now it has been two months since the Giant War and we've all gotten comfortable again...which for our group isn't allowed for some reason, so we gotta assume the worst so we aren't disappointed by hope. Blahhhhhh," He bleated out nervously. he also didn't make a lot of sense but I knew what he was saying, and I knew he was right.

Demigods...especially my friends and I were better off always thinking then worst so we aren't disappointed when our tranquility is destroyed, because it was inevitable for that to happen. Annabeth and I had wanted to and agreed go back to school for junior year this fall, but after realizing that we missed our entire sophomore year due to the Giant War....we decided that Annabeth since she already knows everything would teach me and then when we were ready go the college in New Rome and explain and pray they let us in, well me, Annabeth would defiantly get in.

"Grover, I keep telling myself, one day I'm gonna get to go to college, and one day I'm gonna get married and have a calm life, with kids, with Annabeth, and no more quests. but I keep realizing that...the gods love toying with me." I vented a bit.

"Do you wanna go back to your cabin for a bit? when we finish and just talk?" Grover asked me.

Since the Romans were having a scheduled visit today all afternoon scheduled things were cancelled so we had free time until dinner, rather than the usual: Activity from 13:30-15:30, chores from 15:30-17:00, and then free time from 17:00-18:00. during normally scheduled days free times we were allowed to switch between camps but when we had scheduled full visits to either camp everyone stayed at the camp that was being visited and all the afternoon activities would be cancelled. But the nighttime activities were always the same because it wasn't any lessons or chores it was all fun stuff: Competition: 19:00-21:00, Campfire Singalong 21:00-22:00, Free Time 22:00-23:00. Then curfew was at 23:00. But in a normal day everyone stayed at their respective camp and followed their respective schedules unless it was normal free time on a regular schedule then you could go back and forth through the portal during that time. We usually had a scheduled visit once a week to either camp and it always started at lunch when the other camp come over through the portal and then they would leave a half an hour before curfew.