Grover's a Girl

(I ONLY OWN THE PLOT AND THE FEW CHARACTERS I MADE UP!!!!! ALL OTHER CHARACTERS, LOCATIONS, AND REFERENCES TO PAST WORKS BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN AND J.K ROWLING!!!)

[hey y'all I know the idea that the food entrances people is more of a movie cannon thing...but I'm adding it in cause it brings some more explanation and it matches the original story of the Lotus Fruit. I'll still put it more of the book elements from the Lotus Casino though, don't worry😉]

Ginny's POV:

I first apparated the three of us to a library, with computers.

Grover then proceeded to looks up a photo of the casino, so I could have a visual for the transporting. Since I've never been anywhere in the US there was no point in going so where random that was close, it was just easier to find a photo and pray it would be the same as actually going there. It was Thalia's idea actually. From what I learned from Hazel before about her and the brainstorming we did the day we left to figure out what to do, she is very quick thinking and I'm not surprised she thought of looking at a photo when I told her that to apparate I had to focus on the location and what it looks like.

"Okay, that is the Lotus Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada," Grover pulled but a photo of the grand building. It was full of color and life.

I looked at him, "What if we get stuck there?" He looked back at me.

he shook his head, "I've been there once I don't think you can get stuck twice, I can keep us in line, also we all have to make sure we get cards and keep them when we leave, they have a balance of infinity."

Thalia held up a wait sign, "Wait so...why don't we steal a bunch and bring them along for when we get back?"

I looked at her, "You are extremely smart."

Grover looked at her too, "That could work, if none of us are under we can pretend we are and steal cards, like we could take them from other people, or maybe even pretend we lost ours and get more."

"Now we have more game plan....Gin? You ready?" Thalia asked me. I was a bit taken aback when she used my nickname though. She must've felt my shock or something because then she apologized, "Oh, sorry, nicknames kind of just come naturally in our group. I can just call you Ginny if you want."

"No, it's fine, Ginny is a nickname too anyways so...yeah," I half explained.

"Okay, but that doesn't answer the question, do you or do you not want me to call you 'Gin'," she said flat out.

Grover looked back and forth at us, "Uh...Thals...maybe let up on the interrogation sounding voice."

"No, Grover, it is fine. Uh, I don't mind if you call me 'Gin', or 'Ginny'...obviously I don't mind that one, just never call me by my full name. Ginevra. It also might just take a bit to get used to people other than the people I came here with to be calling me 'Gin'," I explained a little bit.

Thalia gave me a wide eyed looked, "Okay...anyways, let's go." I awkwardly nodded and then took them both behind the library building and I focused on the image I had seen moments before and then address.

•••

**three apparating fails later**

We all stumbled to the ground on top of each other, when I looked up from the ground coughing I shrieked with joy.

"YES!! FINALLY!!!" I leaped up and knocked Grover and Thalia over a little bit.

"Ginny," Thalia grunted, "I know that you are new that the apparating thing...and this was not the easiest and most normal way to do it...but still...OW!!!!"