I Come Scarily Close to Being Killed...Again

(I ONLY OWN THE PLOT AND THE FEW CHARACTERS I MADE UP!!!!! ALL OTHER CHARACTERS, LOCATIONS, AND REFERENCES TO PAST WORKS BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN AND J.K ROWLING!!!)

Leo's POV:

Hey looks it's ur favorite flame head again. well anyways, lemme fill you in. Two months have pasted since the engagement making it late December, basically January...ah whatever. Percy and Annabeth are all lovey dovey and planning their perfect wedding. Which is actually in like three days now. Everyone has been working on the ship and it is looking sick as hell and the engine is actually put together well and doesn't look as complicated and uncontrolled as it was last time.

Bridget is a badass, she can't yet beat Percy or Annabeth in a fight but she can beat like everyone else. She doesn't talk much to anyone though, it has been two months since she got here and she still only really talks to Jason. Which Piper still complains to me about...she hasn't been informed that he is her mentor...I don't know why she hasn't figured it out either. She only complains to me so no one notices her angeriess...I could tell her...but I think is hilarious.

Anyway, other news about the newbie. Still hasn't been claimed, and I still see that weird flicker in her eyes every once in a while. No one else does though. She has been staying in Cabin 1 with Jason and Thalia (when she sometimes decides to sleep there) the reason she isn't in Cabin 12 is because Chiron made an exception to the "undetermined must be in Hermes cabin" because of how many people were crowded in at Camp Half-Blood...she also stays in that cabin because like I said she only trusts Jason.

I don't really know why everyone is staying here, we have a portal for a reason...but whatever. I get extra help and hands so I don't worry about the details.

Anyways, more on the wedding stuff. Frank, Jason, Grover, Nico, Will, and your's truly...of course. Are groomsmen and he made Grover his best man cause he was his first friend like ever and has been his best friend ever since.

Piper, Rachel, Thalia, Reyna, and Hazel are Annabeth's bridesmaids. Thalia is the maid of honor cause of the whole first friend and best friends since forever thing. That's all you really need to know on that now let's get to present time:

"UGH!!!! she is all up on him with her nicknames and hugging and staying in his cabin!!!! I need to have a talk with that girl!! AND Jason like just acts like it is not a big deal, he doesn't acknowledge it at all!!!!" Piper sitting on the boats railing while I kneeled on the deck hammering in wooden floor panels. She was ranting for like the twentieth time today. I was internally laughing, and crying cause today would be the last day since I was finally gonna tell her. We were alone up on the ship so no me could hear her. "LEO!! you're suppose to comfort me and tell me I am over reacting NOT laugh!"

I looked up at her and then went to lean against the rail next to her, "Pipes, Beauty Queen, Piper dear. It is time I finally tell you because while this is hilarious...I cannot let you go on thinking your boyfriend is cheating. But, Beauty Queen...everyone knows except you...Jason is Bridget's mentor." I said flatly.

Piper than slapped me and stomped off yelling, "WHAT IN HADES NAME WERE YOU THINKING?!? TWO MONTHS?!? I HAVE BEEN RANTING AND CRYING FOR TWO MONTHS ABOUT THIS AND YOU JUST TELL ME NOW THAT HE IS ONLY HER MENTOR!!! IF I KNEW THAT THEN I WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD!!!!!!! BUT NO YOU NEEDED ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!! LEO VALDEZ I AM GOING TO KILL YOU FOR THE SECOND AND LAST TIME IN YOUR LIFE ONE OF TESE DAYS!!!!" then she started yelling some bullshit in french and walked off the boat still yelling. I chuckled to myself.

I yelled after her, "LOVE YOU TOO PIPES!!"

In the distance I heard something that sounded like, "Go bathe in Styx." which meant she wanted me to pretty much burn alive BUT I could survive so it wasn't a true death wish she still loved me.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I didn't know who but I simply said "Shoot, tell Uncle Leo your statement." without turning around.

"Uh..." it was a voice I barely recognized, which meant it was defiantly, Bridget. I turned around and was met with her piercing green eyes, "Uncle Leo?"

I scratched behind my ear sheepishly, she didn't understand my names, "Oh um...you'll understand more as you get to know me. But basically I cook things for everyone sometimes."

"Uh huh...what does that have to do with you calling yourself 'Uncle Leo' you cook, so what? a lot of people can," she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the rail raising her eyebrow judgingly.

Rude. I thought, "Um, whatever, you just wouldn't really get it." I went back to what I was doing.

"So like? What's the whole stuff with the McShizzle Bad Boy whatever? it's all just jokes and nicknames right cause definitely not true from where I am standing," she judged again.

What was her problem? I rolled my eyes and said without looking at her, "Well then...sweetheart...maybe you should move downwind. You don't talk to anyone and don't get anything so who are you to judge things we say and joke about?"

"Hey, well right now I am trying to talk to someone and understand. Jason said you would easy to joke around with and start getting close to be in the 'family' or whatever," she said begrudgingly.

That is what took me over edge and annoyed me the most, and when I am really annoyed I just mouth off, "Yeah, well like I said before you are new and don't understand anything, and probably never will, and if you don't want to make an effort to be kind and actually get know everyone then we don't even freaking want you in our family, you're just here because the stupid prophecy said that is what is suppose to happen. You are not special because you're new and mysterious don't don't act like this special princess who can say and do whatever she pleases. Because you're not. You are not special, Princess."

Her joking and relaxed face turned into the scariest glare I have ever seen and I have been the target of Annabeth's rage by accidentally dropping one of her books in the lake...

If looks could kill...Piper would get her wish and I would be dead again.

Without any warning her sword was in her hand, I hadn't even seen her take her ring off.

She walked towards me and I just back up until I hit the main mast on the boat, i was too scared to try and run away. She held the sword to my throat, "Call me 'Princess' again...I dare you." she sneered.

When she did...she eyes flickered again...this time I was close enough to see the change in color. They defiantly got lighter.

"It happened again," I whispered to myself.

"What?" she glowered.

"Your eyes, they flickered..." that sounded super intelligent, way to go Leo saying that to the girl holding you at swords point. is it still called that when the sword is sideways? stop getting distracted, stupid Leo.

But instead of her laughing at me or being mean again, she back up and lowered her sword. she looked at me intently, "You see it too?" she asked in a quiet voice. "And it just happened when I threatened you?"

I nodded, a little scared.

She turned around and was muttering stuff that sounded like, "Happened at the same time as...." then she trailed off. She turned back around and looked at me. "I see it too sometimes...it happened to both of my rings as well. It happens to this in sword form as well and when you saw my eyes the sword flickered too. is it like looking through a smoky mirror that clears for a split second?"

I gulped, "Yeah..."

•••
Yup, that is all you get for that. Welp, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, do we see a new friendship sprouting?? Who is excited for the wedding?? I am so excited to write it!! Anyways lol, please send me feedback!! the puppy is a Bernese Mountain Dog and her name is Brandy. We don't have her yet though because she is only a week old and they have to be 8 weeks for families to take them home. Well anyways waiting restlessly for that <3

~Daughter Of Poseidon