՞՞16՞՞

"I wonder if George figured the sand and gravel out," his voice was getting more tired as the hours passed, "I should've done that part myself."

I silently kept doing my job, too focused to dare to open my mouth and reply.

"I'm gonna call him." He decided.

That part I couldn't ignore. It was almost 1 a.m. for us, which meant it was 6 a.m. for George. And from my personal experience I knew that getting woken up by a phonecall from an annoying friend was the most disturbing thing.

"He's probably asleep, so don't." I spoke still facing the screen.

"You're overestimating his sleep schedule." He chuckled.

"And you're overestimating your rights," I rolled my eyes, "don't call people at 6 a.m., that's just selfish and dumb."

"Watch me call you every single day in the middle of the night."

I finally detached my fingers from the keyboard and turned around, "Your number is getting blocked as soon as I get home."

"You don't have my second number tho."

I noticed his maniacal tendencies even in the manhunt videos on youtube, but surely didn't think he'd be this bad in real life.

"You're such a creep."

He laughed it off and grabbed a bucket of chicken wings from the table he filled with ridiculous amount of food. Then he switched the LED lights to green, which of course made me complain. What kind of a sick psychopath likes green lights?

"This looks disgusting, change it," I gestured towards the lights, "looks like we entered Shrek's ass."

"Red was making me.." He looked like he struggled to find the word, "anxious.."

"Change it to purple. Anything but green."

I got up and stretched. My back was killing me from sitting in the same spot with the same position for actual hours. It was really unbearably hot in his room too, even though we were getting close to december.

"Can we open the window?" I asked, suddenly feeling lightheaded and dizzy.

He actually noticed my state and got up quickly to approach me. I didn't know what made me feel so unwell in such a short period of time. That was all because of his stupid green lights.

"Heeey," he put a hand on my shoulder, noticing that I was holding the chair for support, "what happened?"

"It's kind of warm in here.. in a bad way," I didn't even know how to explain the way I felt, "and I'm dizzy."

He put an arm around my shoulders and leaded me to the window, pushing the curtains away and opening it, letting the cold breeze hit my face. It was actually lightly raining too, which made the whole thing even more refreshing. Maybe air was all I needed afterall.

"Wow it actually feels like an incubator here," he realized that the room had no air to breathe and opened the door to let it cool down a bit, "and why am I still in a hoodie."

I don't know why my instincts made me turn around with his words, but they surely did put me in the awkward position of watching him take off his hoodie and reveal the shirt under it. It wasn't a big deal, he didn't get naked infront of me, but it still made me look away.

"Do you need a shirt too? I have plenty of unworn merch, I think I'll find one in your size too." He suggested, making me realize that sitting in a hoodie in his airless room throughout the whole night wasn't a good idea.

"Yeah please, that would be good," I nodded, watching him leave the room, "I wear small, by the way."

He turned around with my words, looked me up and down for some reason before speaking.

"Yeah, I know."

...creep.