՞՞85՞՞

Clay had to join George's stream at the same time as I had to connect to my zoom classes. When the alarm went off at 8:30, we both groaned, none of us going through the effort of turning it off.

"Shut the fuck up." He covered his head with one of the pillows, cursing at the phone.

"Hey Siri, shut the fuck up." I blinked my eyes open with my words, hearing the robotic voice speak nonsense. At least the alarm sound was gone for a few seconds, allowing me to get up and turn it off properly.

"Was the stream at 9 or 10?" I love how he's asking me about George's schedule and his plans as if I'd know.

"Get up and check." I stretched, my whole body feeling sore. And I had a massive headache too, bad enough for me to consider taking painkillers.

We both were absolutely bitter in the mornings, and I'm sure we'd even scold each other and fight if I didn't leave him there to wake up completely before communicating. I was wondering if I'd be quick enough to take a shower before my classes would start. But I had over half an hour, so I just went with it.

I should probably leave some of my products at his place. Not this detergent-like shampoo again.. The only good thing about it is the smell, and I'm not even sure if it's actually good or I just like it cause it's associated with him.

I stayed longer under the water than I intended to, and it was all because of those stupid thoughts. And when I was finally done and about to wrap myself in a towel, I realized that there's no towel. How stupid can I get.

"Cleeooooo! Bring me a towel!" I yelled, not turning off the water yet so I wouldn't freeze, "The condensation, hurry!"

I didn't hear anything for a few seconds, then his footsteps got closer to the bathroom. I slid the frosted shower glass door open a bit and stuck my hand out, waiting for him to enter the bathroom and hand me the towel. And finally the door opened.

"George's whole stream heard me wheezing over nothing," he was still laughing, "you're lucky my mic didn't pick up your nonsense."

I could only see his silhouette over the blurry glass, but I still saw him handing me the towel before I felt it in my palms.

"Didn't know you'd start early." I grabbed the fuzzy fabric and slid the door all the way back close, covering my body with it, "Are you sure they didn't hear me?"

"No one's spamming Cleo in the chat, so yeah, pretty certain."

I came out of the shower, booping him on the stomach before leaving the bathroom. I had 7 minutes to get dressed and connect to the classes, and I made sure to not waste any of the seconds. The good thing was that I didn't have to keep my camera on during the class, so drying my hair or trying to look presentable wasn't a part of my plans.

He came back soon too, getting infront of his desk and unmuting his mic to apologize for leaving. We had a lecture today so I could stay in the room and just listen to the professor without bothering to worry about having to unmute and speak.

At least that's what I thought.

I was honestly getting sleepy and even was thinking about napping a little bit cause everything was getting boring. I was more interested in Clay's words than the professor's, and it was actually very annoying that I had to listen to the boring option.

And half-awake, half-asleep, I heard the old man calling out my name and directing a question to me. I knew the answer, that wasn't the thing that bothered me. I just didn't know if my sore muscles would be useful enough to help me run out of the room, unmute and answer.

"Are you there?" I finally came out of the room and unmuted right after the professor's words.

"I'm here, sorry, my screen lagged." I spoke, trying to hide my breathlessness, "Uh, yeah, it wou-"

"You fucking suck, Sapnap!"

I left the room cause I was scared that Clay's mic would pic up my words. But I didn't think he'd be so loud that mine would pick up his words. And the worst part of this whole thing wasn't the phrase he used, it was the fact that 80% of my class watched his stuff and recognized both his voice and the name Sapnap.

It didn't take long for my private chats to blow up with messages. At first I was scared to check, trying to come up with lies. But then it got clear that everyone thought I was just watching the stream and had it on high volume. Basically everyone was just calling me a fan in disguise.

How stupid can they be?

I wasn't sure if it triggered my fight or flight response and that's why my body temperature raised or I really had a fever, but I was feeling hot. And I had a massive headache too, which didn't go away from showering like it usually did. My body was sore, and I had an unpleasant feeling of a lump being stuck in my throat.

I went ahead and took a pill right after my class ended and got under the sheets, looking at Clay's monitor from the distance and hearing him speak to George's chat. Soon my lids started feeling heavy and I fell asleep. I was so spent that even him being loud in the stream didn't make me flinch.