՞՞43՞՞

I didn't get to sleep. My head was constantly hitting the window or the front seat whenever I made myself relaxed. Instead I decided to listen to some music and pretend to be asleep, cause I didn't want to make them uncomfortable. I understood that they finally met and had a lot to talk about.

We stopped to get food at some point and the rest of the drive was me pretending to be asleep. And I didn't stop even after he parked the car. I know it's a stupid thing to do, but I just wanted to see how they would react.

I heard the suitcases getting dragged out of the car. The sound of the wheels rolling on the ground getting more distant and distant. And when they were finally done with Nick's belongings, I could feel them both towering over me from outside the car, through the opened door.

"Should we wake her up?" I could tell that it was Clay speaking, even though he was whispering.

"No, she'll get annoyed.. I'll carry her." I pressed my teeth together trying to keep a straight face. Only Nick could offer something like that.

I sensed him getting closer. Then all of a sudden he momentarily got away from me. Clay pulled him back.

"Don't touch her, you idiot!" He whisper-shouted at Nick.

"You can do it yourself if it matters that much!" Nick was whisper-shouting as well.

"What the fuck do you even mean?" The oh so familiar voice sounded again.

"I mean pick her up or I'll do it myself."

The only thing making me realize that it was actually Clay who got closer to me this time was the scent of his cologne which was a lot different from Nick's. I waited until he slid his arm behind my back and opened my eyes right then.

"Boo!"

Well of course I expected a reaction, but I didn't expect him to jump in a way that would make his head smash to the top of the car.

Nick literally scream-laughed, I didn't even know what that sound was. I felt bad for Clay, but I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably too. And when he started rubbing his head, I just completely lost it.

"Why would you do that?" He whined at me and turned around to punch Nick's arm who was basically crouching from how hard he was laughing.

"I'm- ah fuck," I was tearing up from laughing, "I'm sorry, Cleo-"

And that's when I realized that I shouldn't have said that. Me calling him Cleo basically put Nick's lungs under danger. He literally spent the next 2 or 3 minutes repeating the name Cleo and coughing from how hard he was laughing.

However, we managed to get in the house without casualties. Except Nick's arm was probably already bruised with the shape of Clay's fist.

I was so tired, I could only imagine how tired Nick would be. And Clay had to drive for hours, which probably makes me the person who did the least amount of work but was still tired. Classic me.

We had already eaten and the first thing that came to our minds was doing the bedtime routines and making our way to the bedroom. I was too lazy to get out the makeup remover from my bag and ended up leaving the mascara on.

"Where are we sleeping?" I was genuinely confused. Me and Clay couldn't just share a bed infront of Nick.

"You take the bed, I'll take the floor and Nick will take the couch." Clay made it seem like he had planned it in his head a while ago.

"I don't wanna sleep alone in the living room in your creepy Florida house," I was more than certain that Nick would protest, "you go take the couch, I'll stay in the room."

I couldn't believe they were two grown men about to argue about who gets to sleep on the floor.

"I'll go take the couch, you two can take the bed or whatever." I chuckled, trying to get up.

"You're staying on that bed." Clay put a hand on my shoulder, preventing me from getting up.

"We can both take the floor here." Nick requested, making us finally come to an agreement.

The next hour was spent on getting their "beds" ready on the floor and making sure they were arranged in a way that wouldn't make me step on them in the middle of the night.

And when finally everything was ready and set, I left the room to change my clothes and let them do the same.

When I got back, they were already lying down on the floor, tired enough to not be in their phones. I turned the lights off and got in the bed. Clay was right beside me, but on the floor, and Nick was next to him.

"Good night, babies." I could hear the smile in Clay's voice.

"Good night, baby." Me and Nick both spoke at the same time, giggling about it afterwards.