՞՞134՞՞

I slowly helped Clay to at least sit upright, but his claims of having an intense headache made me extremely worried.

My attention was so fixated on Clay, that I didn't even feel the stinging in my legs from his alarmed voice.

"Wha- you're bleeding!" He widened his eyes at my bare knees and calves.

I only then bothered to look down at the almost shredded skin of my legs, realizing that I'd been kneeling on the shattered glass pieces of the cup I broke earlier. It looked pretty bad and there were pieces of it stuck in my flesh, yet I didn't even feel it.

"It's nothing, how are you feeling now? Is the ringing gone? Do you need water or anything-"

"Lizzy, your legs are fucking sliced up, stop talking about me."

"So is your forehead." I complained, helping him up and feeling the sharp stinging in my legs from the change of position.

"Come sit, let me see." And suddenly he decides that I'm in more need of being taken care of.

"Clay, can you just not? These are not that bad, I'll take care of them in a second."

We argued for over 10 minutes, each of us trying desperately to take care of the other until I remembered that we needed to get a ride and go to the hospital. This time he didn't protest, mainly because I had glass pieces stuck in my legs and getting checked wouldn't be that bad.

And after seeing that we both had no notifications from Nick, we tried our best to make ourselves look more presentable before getting out of the house.

And to mention, Clay threw up right before our Uber arrived, which was bad and lucky at the same time, cause the driver wouldn't be that happy if it happened on the road.

The ride was pretty nice, despite Clay's shifting and fidgeting.

"My back really hurts when I lean on it," he admitted as we were about to enter the hospital, "like right here- ah, from touching too."

I looked at where he was pointing at and it was the part where the sharp edge of his shoulder blade stuck out. I wasn't an expert though, so I told him to show that to the doctor.

And talking about the doctor, he was clearly unhappy to see us 10 days early from the next appointment.

He took Clay with him, and one of the nurses lead me to a room to check my legs. I'm so glad they didn't even question what happened, and just removed the glass, putting a few big ass plaster-like things on the cuts shortly after.

The nurse finished her job with me earlier than the doctor did with Clay. I had to sit and wait for him in the same old spot, looking at the same old familiar clock.

I checked my phone once again for texts but unfortunately the ones I saw were from my sister. And by the time I was done ignoring her by swiping the notifications away, the disappointed doctor came back with the idiotic looking dork.

I quickly got up and was about to ask what was going on when the doctor looked at the plasters on my legs and looked back at me with narrowed eyes, choosing to not comment on it.

"I don't exactly know how you managed to make a mild concussion turn into a severe one. I stated clearly the last time - no physical activity."

Both me and Clay looked down at the floor from the scolding, knowing that there was no way we could defend ourselves and listening's all was left to do now.

"And he also has a massive bruise on his back, so I don't know how that happened either." He continued, and both me and Clay were still staring at the ground.

"What about the stitches?" I dared to look up with a small voice.

"Well the healing process is going to take much longer now, and there's most definitely gonna be a nasty scar after it heals."

"Nooo.." And now it was Clay's turn to speak, but honestly, I'd be so happy if the only residence left from this incident would be a scar.

"It's gonna be a good reminder," the doctor somewhy looked back at the covered wounds on my legs, "so that every time you look at the mirror, you remember that you're not allowed to do  stuff when the doctor says avoid physical activity."

Me and Clay looked at each other with widened eyes and crimson red faces. I couldn't even imagine what could we possibly do in bed that would cause such injuries. Well, in reality I can think of a few things, but still-

"Noo.." I shook my head vigorously.

"Pff, we'd never.." Clay joined in, sounding way less convincing that he should have.

The doctor chuckled, nodding and just making fun of us at this point.

"I get it you're young, you love each other maybe a bit too much and you need to express it. But if you do it one more time he's gonna end up in a coma."

"Noo, we didn't!" I tried to speak again, but got interrupted.

"I mean he can still get an erection in a coma."

Even though I was desperately trying to convince the doctor, he really had way more comebacks and jokes than I thought he would. So I just covered my face and laughed the embarrassment away, while Clay started to joke along.

"No, no.. I just sleepwalked again, don't worry about it." He shrugged it off as the doctor laughed.

And they literally spent a few minutes cracking jokes and laughing in the reception, while I stood there so heavily embarrassed that I couldn't even look up from my phone.

I never thought I'd see Clay making friends with his own doctor because they bonded over something that didn't even happen. But we have what we have I guess.

As I was finally getting a bit relieved, my phone continuously vibrated with texts from George. One of them particularly caught my eye.

Georgenotfound Why is Nick, IN FLORIDA, texting me this

And then there was a screenshot of Nick's texts sent to George, asking if he spoke to Clay recently or not, followed by another text asking if Clay was okay or not.