՞՞68՞՞

I felt bad for George. He was definitely a lightweight for his height, and the drinks he consumed made him spend 40 minutes of his life kneeled infront of the toilet while Clay rubbed his back and got water for him.

Me and Nick on the other hand were having random conversations that were somewhat decent, considering the fact that he was so drunk he couldn't even support his head.

Maybe that's why we slowly got in a position where his head was on my lap - but in the most wholesome way possible.

"When I look at you from here," he looked up with his heavy lids, "it looks like your eyesbrows are a mustache and you're some type of a creature with no lips and nose."

"Uh.. thanks." I didn't know how to react, but I was trying to be nice even though he's not an emotional drunk like George.

And talking about George. With a lot of help from Clay he was able to stand on his feet and come back from the bathroom. His lips were redder than usual, face paler than usual.

One thing that made me happy was the fact that Clay smiled seeing Nick's head on my lap. I call that a progress.

"Awh.." George looked like he was about to tear up again looking at me and Nick, "Can we do that too?" He looked at Clay and pointed at us.

I stuck out my bottom lip from how small and pure he sounded and looked at Clay with a warning look to make sure he wouldn't say no and make George cry again.

"Uuuh.. sure.." Clay sighed, helping him to the couch and getting in the exact same position as me and Nick were. Except Clay already looked done with the whole thing.

"Your thighs are not even soft," George started shifting immediately, "uncomfortable!"

I threw a pillow at Clay, and he got the hint after catching it. Putting the pillow on his lap, he made things a lot more comfortable for George.

"I don't know man, Liz has nice thighs." Nick's words made me force back the blush that was threatening to creep on my cheeks by chuckling.

"She does." And there goes the blush. Clay succeeded once again.

The speed of George falling asleep was honestly surprising. I swear we heard him speak like 3 minutes ago, and now he was breathing heavily, still on Clay's lap.

Nick looked drowsy too, but the strands of his hair falling to his forehead and tickling the skin kept him shuffling and trying to push them away. Once my hand went down and brushed the strands back, I felt the urge to continue playing with his hair, cause it was so soft and obedient - literally stayed in the exact spot I moved. It didn't take long for him to pass out.

"Wanna play chess?" I took out my phone and looked at Clay.

"Someone's about to lose." He mimicked my actions, opening the game.

"You're not just someone. You're special. Don't talk yourself down."

Little did he know I was better at chess than he was at minecraft.

"I'm just warming up, hold on." After losing 3 games in a row, this is what he had to say.

"Take your time, baby."

His head snapped up to look at me right after the word slipped from my tongue. I was always careful while talking to him, but my stupid habit of calling people baby after reassuring words came through quicker than I could stop it.

He surely has a habit of blushing from small things like this. We had so many intense moments, yet the only times he blushed were when I complimented him on something, or apparently used a pet name on him.

"Aha, yeah.." He quickly looked down realizing that I was smiling and made a wrong move, which resulted in him losing the queen, "Noo, restart."

"Resign."

"No."

And this is what happens when two overly competitive leos play against each other. I didn't mind tho, seeing him put all his effort into it and still losing was very satisfying.

But I can't deny his intelligence. I was way more skilled in chess, but I'll admit that his thought process was impressing. And call me weird, but I preferred his intelligence over the other good traits he had, and he had very prominent ones.

"Can we just wake them up?" He spoke after two hours of playing.

"Let's just move away carefully. Don't wake them tho." I suggested, knowing that sitting here for the rest of the night under their heavy heads wasn't a good idea.

He nodded but waited for me to show a demonstration. Since Nick's head was directly on my thighs without a pillow, I had to push my palms under his head, hold them there while holding his head up and slide away carefully. Then I let go of his head after sneaking a pillow in the same place where my legs used to be. He didn't even flinch.

It should've been easier for Clay cause George already had a pillow under his head, and all he had to do was carefully move away. But the way George's head slammed to the couch along with the pillow left me wondering how he didn't wake up.

Let's hope he's not dead.

"Do we just.. leave them here?" I really didn't want to do that, yet also desperately needed some sleep.

"I don't know.. what can go wrong?" Clay scratched the back of his neck, "I mean I can carry them to the bedroom, but it's not like they won't be alone there."

"Maybe they wake up confused and need something, or roll from the couch and hit their head to a sharp edge, or George starts feeling nauseous again."

And this is me being the overthinker I am. But I had a point, leaving them alone wasn't an option.

"Go get some sleep then, I'll stay here keep an eye on them."

Why is he so precious.

"The floor here looks very comfy, don't you think?" I wasn't going to leave him alone, "But you gotta help me carry the blankets."