՞՞109՞՞

"What? Really?" Nick didn't think his words would work on the first try.

"I mean I want to, but I don't know how. It's really awkward now." I scrunched up my nose from thinking how uncomfortable it could go.

"Do it over text or call for now. Talk for a bit like that till you get comfortable and meet up." Nick was back to his therapeutic mode.

"It's awkward even like that.." I don't know what's wrong with me. It's Clay, my Clay, why am I putting so much thought and anxiety into this?

He thought for a bit before coming up with something. Something that seemed extremely stupid and funny from the first sight.

"Let's start a zoom meeting. All 3 of us. Like a couple's therapy, but for friends who want to become couples."

I couldn't help but laugh. However, seeing him sitting there all serious and judgemental about my laughter made me stop immediately. Is he serious?

"That's so stupid." I facepalmed to hide my laugh. He was still serious.

"You're both stupid. My strategy is to solve stupid with stupid." He sounded so sassy.

I stopped everything just to think about his request. I actually feel like it's better if me and Clay talk in private, but I also can't deny that Nick's presence would lighten up the mood. And he'd probably control the situation, ask valid questions and make reasonable points.

"I'll try to text him first. Then we'll see," I sighed, not wanting to end the call but also knowing that I should, "thanks for existing."

"Go get your mans." Nick laughed, waving at the camera and hanging up before I could say anything.

Now the hardest part. What do I say? Not all this writing and deleting thing again. I'll be straight-forward.

Here we go.

lizzil I'm sorry

I locked my screen immediately, waiting for the notification. I couldn't stare at the screen.

And it finally dinged. With a huff, I unlocked it again.

Sapnapinsta amazing effort, wrong chat🙂👍🏻

Oh my.. I'm blind. Forgot to switch the chats.

Let's try again.

lizzil hi

I don't know why I sent that, but it felt natural.

How did he read so quickly. Does he live in our chat?

Dreamwastaken wrong chat?

I feel dumb for double checking before answering.

lizzil no

I quickly typed the thing I wanted to say, but he was milliseconds quicker in the sending process.

Dreamwastaken I'm sorry

lizzil I'm sorry

I smiled to try and fight the tears, but they were stronger. My eyes watered again.

What do we do now? It's been a month. This feels weird. Oh gosh, what do I say now?

Dreamwastaken <2

Dreamwastaken NOOOO

Dreamwastaken ruind ittt

I laughed through the tears, finding what he did the most adorable thing I've ever seen.