՞՞6՞՞

"Wow, you're so good.." he sounded as dead as I looked.

"Why am I sure that you made a typo in the code," I knew that what I sent him had no mistakes, and the only possible way for it to crash was if he typed something wrong while trying to copy it from his phone screen.

"Why am I sure that you butchered the code?" He restarted the game without the code. It worked fine.

"Zoom in on the code, let me check what you wrote." I demanded.

"You're not my teacher." He sounded offended.

"Dream, it's almost 5 in the morning and we're both tired. Please stop being a baby about it-"

"Calling me Dream when we're not playing minecraft makes me feel weird." He completely ignored my point.

"Alright, Cleo. Zoom in on the code or find a way to copy paste what I sent you instead of typing it letter by letter."

I heard him sigh and probably lean back on his chair. His hands disappeared from the sight, and what I was imagining was him rubbing his eyes.

"Listen I'm tired and this doesn't seem to work out," his voice was muffled, "maybe we should find another way to work. I don't know. I feel braindead, I need sleep."

I remembered his remark about sleep being for the weak but decided to not bring it up. I might as well sleep too, maybe wait for George to wake up and work with him instead.

And that's what I did. Sleeping for 4 hours gave me enough energy to get up the next day, which was already a big plus, and a cup of coffee was all I needed to go on with my day.

George had already called me twice by the time I decided to call him back. Luckily I didn't make the mistake of leaving the my phone unmuted at night.

Not caring that I looked completely dead, I decided to FaceTime him. He's seen me at worse conditions during the online classes anyway.

George picked up with a drink in his hand, "Hellooo," he dragged the word, taking a sip from his drink.

"Morning," I half-smiled, looking how hyper he was, "I see you slept well."

"How does 12 hours sound?" He wiggled his brows.

George has always been like this. Some days he goes just fine without even an hour of sleep, and some days he just spends half of the day asleep. Either way, he always stays energetic and in a good mood. What a legend.

"What a sloth." I laughed and watched him return the emotion.

"How's the progress? I saw how to fix the code in my sleep but now I don't remember." He scratched his chin, as if that would help him remember.

"What progress?"

"The coding progress?" George raised a brow.

"Yeah, what progress?" I chuckled.

He just shook his head and sighed.

"What's the problem? I've seen you code more complicated things.." He finally spoke.

"Yeah, maybe if my PC supported the code it'd be easier," I tried to stay calm, "or maybe if your friend stopped acting like a manchild and did what I told him to do."

"Clay?" George raised a brow, "What did he do?"

And that's when I started to spill my heart out about how he gave up in the middle of the job and went to sleep. Maybe if he listened to me and fixed his typos everything would've been done and ready by now.

"I wouldn't do that too, to be honest," he chuckled after I finished, "who has the nerve to go through an already written code in the middle of the night?"

"Are you being serious?" I couldn't believe the amount of irresponsibility his sentence held, "Maybe if you guys had the habit of going through the codes twice and not rage quitting in the middle of it, you wouldn't need my help."

George widened his eyes and hung his jaw dramatically after my words. I rolled my eyes and looked away from the phone, annoyed at the fact that he was being protective of his rude friend.

"Why won't you do it yourself if it's that easy?" He had nerve to carry on, and unsurprisingly, he didn't even have a point.

"I don't know.. Maybe cause my PC doesn't support your stupid code?"

He went silent once again. I was about to end the call when he decided to speak again.

"Hey listen. Are you in Orlando still?"

"George, I live here," I parted my mouth, "where else would I be?"

I watched him shrug before speaking, "What I'm saying is Clay's also there. Maybe you two should just meet up and try to-"

"Wait what? No, that's pointless."

I didn't even let him finish. I can't even tolerate that guy online. Just no.