՞՞118՞՞

Me and Nick talked so much that we forgot that Clay even existed. And the running water turned into more of a background noise than a sound that should've kept us alert.

But soon enough, when Patches came purring and meowing for food, I remembered about the idiot. Well firstly I fed the cat, and then only went to check on him. Nick came with me, cause both of us were getting kind of worried.

I knocked on the bathroom door, waiting for his response. But I also figured that he wouldn't hear the pathetic knock, so decided to yell.

"Stop standing under the water, Clay, you'll turn into mud!"

I waited for his reaction which was quick to arrive.

"Haven't you got anything better?" He yelled back.

"Stop standing under the water, Cleo, you'll turn into a mermaid!" I changed some parts of the sentence, making Nick hold back a laughter. He wanted to surprise Clay.

"Back to the overused jokes, I see." He yelled back.

"What's taking you so long? Are you okay?" I ignored everything he said and tried to confirm that everything is normal.

"I have a major problem here, you wanna come help me out?"

My face started to burn with embarrassment when those words echoed through the bathroom walls. . I even regretted being worried about his well-being and bothering to check on him. The stupid fucker had no idea Nick was with me and continued his sexual jokes without even realizing that those would sound real to literally everyone other than us.

However, I forgot that Nick wasn't a part of everyone. He completely missed the point. And not only he missed it, he also got it wrong, thinking that Clay really needed help.

"I knew he wasn't okay!" Were Nick's words right before he hurriedly opened the door and got inside.

I froze right there with wide eyes, not believing that just happened. Did I just let the poor guy enter the shower to help his friend with the "major problem" he had? Oh god, this is so wrong.

My brain was too slow for this. Before I realized what happened, I heard Nick's high-pitched scream followed by Clay's "what the fuck", which resulted in Nick storming out of the bathroom with eyes almost popping out of the sockets.

"I.." I wanted to say that I tried warning him, but the damage was already done, so I guessed it would be better if I played along, "Was he okay?"

I felt extremely bad and I barely could force back the laugh that was daring to burst out from how traumatized Nick looked. However, he didn't buy it this time, figuring that I knew all along.

"You freaks!" There was so much trauma and regret in his scream. But it also was so damn funny to me. "I didn't make an emergency flight to see my friend's dick!"

"Nick-"

"And it looked like he was excited to see me!"

At that point I just lost it. And I swear I could hear Clay wheezing even though we were separated by a thick wall.

And I was the one who had to take Nick to the living-room and convince him to relax, forget and move on. I'm glad Clay finally came out of the shower, not leaving me alone in this battle. But who knew his presence would make everything even more chaotic.

"Nick!" He exclaimed enthusiastically as if nothing even happened.

"Fuck you!" Even though the loudness of their voices matched, Nick still sounded way more aggressive.

"Oh, c'mon now.. you're not gonna give your friend a hug?" The way Clay was half-smirking and trying to stay serious was the funniest thing to me.

And the fact that Nick avoided to even look at Clay's direction was just sending me.

"More like my friend's friend needed a hug." He was so pissed.

"Stop it, Nick.. It's just a dick, you have one too." I decided to jump in and clear the air, but Nick was still on the sofa, facing the wall and not us.

"Mine's not hard at least." I completely lost it at Nick's words, turning my attention to the tall idiot, standing there laughing without shame.

They continued screaming at each other about what just happened until it got too much for me and I left to continue my cooking journey.

At one point I wanted to make a remark about how interested Nick had always been about Clay's dick and that he should be happy to finally have all those questions answered. But the air was already too awkward between them, and one more inappropriate joke could be all they needed to literally end their friendship.

Anyways, I'm glad they were too invested in the conversation to pay attention to me. I was just vibing with Clay's cat, slicing chicken and leaving the small leftovers for her to finish.

Everything was going great until I heard hurried footsteps, going from the living-room towards somewhere that could either be the bedroom or the bathroom.

At first I thought they were done with fighting verbally and started to chase each other down, but hearing Nick's confused voice calling for me, I understood that it wasn't the case.

Already knowing what it could be, I dropped the knife in the sink and hurried to follow the sound, soon enough meeting Nick on my way.

Clay went to throw up again. And he locked the door. Again.

"Is that one of the symptoms or is he dying?" Nick looked pretty confused and scared when the disgusting sounds of puking got heard.

"Both." I wasn't even joking at this point.

"Wait, do concussions cause erections as well? Did I just bully someone with a condition? Oh god, I feel awful-"

"Nick," I interrupted him, "you're okay. Stop thinking about it."

My mood dropped so much from feeling bad about Clay that I didn't even find anything funny. It just sucks to see him suffer and not being able to do anything about it.

We just waited there in silence until he finished gargling the mouthwash and came out. I was in a horrible mood to even try to come up with something to say, but Nick always had things to say. And none of those things ended up being serious.

Walking towards his friend, Nick decided that it would be a good idea to put a hand on his belly, "May it be a happy and healthy baby."

And with those words, he once again succeeded to the impossible in this case - make me laugh.