՞՞129՞՞

Clay's arm got pretty heavy as he dived deeper and deeper into slumber. It had just enough pressure to keep me awake.

If I were in this position 2 months ago, I'd probably roll away from him and sleep. But now I was kind of enjoying every type of skin contact he offered. A month worth of loneliness got to my head I guess.

I knew it was pretty late at night, and even maybe close to morning, but when I heard the bathroom door open and close, I knew it was my chance.

Slowly rolling away from Clay and replacing my body with a pillow, I made sure he was still asleep. And after double checking, I quickly left the room and made my way to the living-room.

I thought Nick just had to pee, but somewhy he decided that brushing his teeth at 4 a.m. would be a good idea. He has a weirdly structured brain I guess, you never know what to expect from him.

I waited for him patiently on the sofa where his "bed" was, not bothering to turn the lights on. I was scared that the light would pierce all the way through the cracks of the bedroom door where Clay slept, waking him up.

Nick came back in almost no time. I guess his vision hadn't adapted to the darkness after being in the bright-lighted bathroom cause on his way to the couch he hit the table, tripped over the carpet and most importantly didn't even notice me.

I was almost certain he was gonna get scared and let out a high-pitched scream if I didn't warn him about my presence.

"Are you blind?" I whispered and he jumped a little bit from my voice.

"What are you doing in my bed?" He whisper-shouted back, "Not that I'm complaining, but it's kind of weird."

This is going downhill already, and each of us have only said a single sentence.

"It's not your bed, it's a couch! And the only weird thing about this is the fact that you just brushed your teeth at 4 a.m."

Nick made himself comfortable beside me and spoke, "I ate chocolate and I'm scared of dentists, sorry for being hygienic."

I didn't think there would be an appropriate reasoning behind his actions, but this time he actually exceeded my expectations.

"Hmm, understandable," I nodded, crossing my legs and making myself comfortable, "and why are you still up? Weren't you supposed to be tired?"

"I think we're ignoring the main question here," he completely dodged my question, "what are you doing in my bed?"

"This is not a bed, for fuck's sake.." And I refused to answer that question till he'd be nice enough to rephrase his sentence.

"What are you doing on the couch that I chose to rest my weary bones for the night?" Even though Nick was half-whispering, I could still hear the hilariously inaccurate medieval accent.

"I wanna talk if you don't mind." My words made his smile disappear. He sighed and motioned for me to go on.

I probably should have rehearsed this in my head before I came here. I was planning to have this talk with him for a few hours now, yet completely forgot to think about the context of the conversation.

"What's changed? Did I do something wrong?" I took a breath after my words, proud that I actually came up with a decent question.

"What? No, you didn't do anything wrong, Lizzy." Nick furrowed his brows, inspecting the fear and worry on my face.

"Then why? Why are you like this?" I complained.

"Like what? Nothing's changed, we just had a strange day."

As much as I wanted to believe his words, the way he flinched when I leaned to grab the edge of the blanket proved my point. He audibly sucked in a harsh breath right when my body leaned towards him.

"There you go again.." I sounded so done with everything.

Nick exhaled dramatically. He knew my point was proven at that point, and it didn't look like he had anything to say.

But after a few seconds of silence, he finally spoke.

"Nothing's changed, I swear, it's just that stupid dream I had-"

"Dream?" I immediately cut him off.

Even though it was difficult for me to see the shade of things in the darkness, I swear I still saw a pink tint cover his cheeks. I think I know what's happening.

"Hm?" Nick really thought that trick would work. Just pretending like I heard him wrong.

"The stupid dream you had?" I raised a brow, leaning a bit closer to pressure him even more.

"I was literally referring to Clay," and he sounds like he's making fun of me again, "like Dream- Clay, you know?"

I frowned and pressed my lips together, pretending that what he said made sense. But as he was about to sigh with relief, as if I bought that, I spoke again.

"So what do you mean exactly by having a stupid Clay?"

He facepalmed. I don't think I ever saw him do that in real life, but it looked so funny. Especially cause he probably knew that I guessed the context of his dream.

"Just let me sleep." He covered his face with both palms, blocking his view.

"Why? So you can have another wet dream about me?"

The speed with which his hands moved down from his face was quite impressive. And his face was even redder now, which meant that I hit the jackpot.

"W-what?"

"Is that why your skin does this?" I swiftly drew a quick line on his forearms with my fingertips, watching the blonde hairs rise.

"You're bullying me at this point-"

"Cause you fucking deserve it!" I slapped his knee and got up, watching him widen his eyes at the tone of my voice, "You've been acting like a hopeless romantic the whole day over a goddamn dream! I thought something serious happened!"

"What was I supposed to do!?" And now he's raising his voice as well.

"I don't know, maybe fucking tell me that it wasn't serious?"

"Oh, that would sound so good, can you imagine?" At this point he was blaming me, "Lizzy, don't worry, I just had a realistic dream and now I really want to fuck you, but don't worry it'll pass-"

"What the fuck?"

Clay's sleepy voice made both of our necks almost snap from how fast we turned our heads around.