՞՞56՞՞

I know we made fun of the train, but it turned out to be really cozy and fast. The only downside was the fact that it came 10 minutes late from the schedule.

But the seats weren't comfortable enough for us to be able to sleep, or maybe it was the fact that all of us were so excited that we couldn't stop shifting in our seats.

"George said that it's a 10 minute walk from the train station to his place." We still had 40 minutes to go when Nick spoke.

"Do you think I'm going to trust your 10 minute walks anymore?" I chuckled.

"Well George said it, no need to bully me."

"So what you guys wanna do?" I'd be surprised if Clay didn't interrupt.

"I want to sleep, but you'll get pissed if I lean on your shoulder." Nick pouted.

He did look tired, so did all of us, but I still wanted to help him. He was sitting in the middle, so I felt like it would only be fair if I offered my shoulder.

"You can lean on m-"

"I won't get pissed."

The way Clay cut me off and forcefully pulled Nick's head down to his shoulder left my mouth parted. I didn't know if pushing it would be a good idea, but I definitely was getting annoyed from his behavior.

"Look at you two, fighting over me."

Yes, that was definitely the case.

He didn't sleep at all, just used it as an excuse to lean on Clay and listen to some music. 

When we were 15 minutes away from getting there, we finally called George so he'd be in the train station waiting for us when we get there. And he sounded out of breath through the phone, saying that he'd been cleaning the house and changing the sheets for us.

"Pandas get up," Clay moved his shoulder up and down until Nick groaned and got up, "we're there."

The excitement was building up inside all of us as the minutes passed. And when we finally saw George in the distance looking around to find us, we barely could contain the urge to just run to him.

However, he didn't even try. Just as he saw us, we saw him run to us as fast as he could, targeting Clay first in a bone crushing hug, then pulling me and Nick at the same time with each arm.

"Oh my god," he still hadn't pulled away, "will you laugh if I start crying?"

"I'm already laughing, go ahead." Nick giggled and broke the hug, leaving me alone in George's arms.

"Liiizz," his hugs were extremely affectionate, "aahh, I'm so excited."

"Even though my hair smells like chicken?" I spoke through his neck cause he was just squishing me.

"Your hair smells amazing actually," his sniffing intensified, "unlike Nick's cologne."

"Heeey," I could only imagine how tired Nick was from us talking shit about his cologne, "stop hugging her by the way, makes us feel weird."

And when George let go, and I looked at both Clay and Nick, I realized that by "us" he meant Clay. He looked uncomfortable, looking around constantly and just acting different in general.

"You good?" I addressed it finally.

He looked me dead in the eyes for a few seconds before answering. Then blinked blankly.

"Yeah," his answer was dryer than anything in this world, "should we go?"

I said nothing, and luckily George didn't notice anything. Nick on the other hand was desperately trying to get rid of the tension by saying stupid things that I suppose were meant to be jokes.

The good thing was that George didn't lie when he said 10 minute walk. We were freezing and I don't know if I'd survive if the walk was any longer. However, his house was nice and warm, and I could see the efforts he made of trying to clean up as soon as we entered. Even the plants looked like they were trying to seem presentable for us, which I know is a weird thing to say, but the overall impression was very close to that.

"Home sweet home!" As misleading as it is, the remark actually belonged to Nick.

"That's what I like to hear!" George hyped him up.

"We actually wanted to make it here on Christmas, but you were streaming." I spoke, looking around the house and seeing the decorations.

"It's okay. Everyday is Christmas when my friends are with me." I couldn't get over how adorable he was being. Knowing him, I knew that him showing affection was a rare thing.

We spent an hour just setting our things to appropriate places and taking showers cause all of us were too grossed out to do it in the hotel. And when we were finally done, we gathered in the living room to plan our next action.

"Hey Liz," my head snapped to the voice source. I knew it belonged to George, but I had to check from where it was coming from, "come here, I'm gonna show you something."

I made my way to the place he was standing at, feeling Nick's and Clay's eyes follow my actions.

When I was finally there, I looked at him with a questioning gaze.

"Yes?" I still didn't know what was there to show at the doorframe which separated the living room from the hall.

"Look up."

I couldn't believe I actually fell for this. And I also couldn't believe he was cocky enough to hang a mistletoe in his house and lure me under it.

"What the fuck George." I laughed, trying to get away, but he didn't let me.

"You know the rules." He wiggled his brows. I could hear Nick laughing in the distance, but Clay's voice was no where to be heard.