՞՞9՞՞

I had the best sleep in my life, not even exaggerating things. I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, which is honestly rare, considering my weird habit of drinking coffee at night. I didn't have nightmares, couldn't remember anything from my dream if there even was one. I didn't even get waken up by my phone, even though I didn't mute it before bed.

And waking up, my phone was the first thing that got my attention.

Great, the battery's dead.

I rubbed my eyes and squinted to check the clock on the wall. I had to blink rapidly and check it again tho, cause for some reason it showed 2:40, and judging by the sun outside, in the afternoon.

Shit.

I almost fell from my bed, remembering that I had plans with Dream on 4:30, and I hadn't even showered yet. Putting my phone to charge I ran to the bathroom and ran the water, quickly throwing my clothes in the basket and stepping under the stream of lukewarm water and cursing myself for not letting it warm up completely.

Doing some quick maths in the shower I realized that I slept for 16 hours. That's a new personal record and I'm not proud of it. This is what happens when you go a week with almost no sleep.

I managed to finish my shower in 20 minutes and get dried and dressed in another 20 minutes. My phone had been charging during this whole time. Turning it on, I turned the sound off to avoid the endless dinging of the message notifications and missed calls.

Dreamwastaken morning

Dreamwastaken attachment

Dreamwastaken this is your house on google maps right?

Dreamwastaken I'm calling you idc if you're asleep

3 missed calls

Dreamwastaken why are you so annoying

I facepalmed reading the messages and decided to call my mom before calling him back. I could only imagine how worried she was.

And I was right, as she kept talking and talking, lecturing me for 10 minutes on how irresponsible I was for forgetting to charge my phone and sleeping for 16 hours. I put her on speaker and did my hair until she felt like I've heard enough and said her goodbye.

I grabbed my phone once again to call Dream back finally. But the new message notification from him caught my eye first.

Dreamwastaken why tf are you leaving me on read lmao

I called him back immediately.

"Oh so now you talk to me." He chuckled right after answering the call.

"I was sleeping," I sighed, annoyed that I had to explain myself, "what's up."

"Were you sleep-reading my dm's and sleep-ignoring them?" He sounded kind of frustrated even though he was laughing.

"My mom called, what do you want?" I was trying to make him get to the point.

"I'm coming to pick you up so be ready. I'll call you when I'm there."

His demanding tone was getting on my nerves but I guess that's how he is. I put my phone back to charge some more before I'd leave the house and did the final touches on my face.

I decided to go makeup free, just curling my lashes and putting on some colorless mascara. I didn't go overboard with my outfit either, went for a simple hoodie look.

Not like I was in the need to amaze the faceless man anyway.