՞՞151՞՞

I was getting bored already cause Clay was on the phone with George talking about law. I don't even know why they dramatized getting a ticket that much.

"Aren't they coming back already?" I finally got the chance to speak as Clay hung up.

"They would if Nick didn't ask the cops if their daughters want free merch." He shook his head in disappointment.

"Wait, did they get recognized?" I was confused.

"No, that's the worst part," Clay laughed, "he brought that up out of nowhere, and the cops thought he was trying to offend them or something."

I could already imagine how embarrassing that would be. And I felt bad for George cause he had to go through that right when he got here.

Luckily they got to the house with only financial casualties.

Both me and Clay missed George so much that we ran out of the house and jumped on him, making him drop the suitcases and make room for us in his arms.

"Why would you trust this idiot with a crashed car? He almost got us arrested!" His wide smile was the most contagious thing ever, even though what he said wasn't even smile-worthy.

"Oh I apologize for not being able to afford the Queen's horses as a transportation method, your majesty." Nick bowed down dramatically with his words, making us burst out laughing.

"We're not in the UK, stop making queen jokes." George was the only one not laughing.

"Her name shall be remembered here, there and everywhere, forever." This time Nick succeeded to get a reaction out of George.

We only realized that we'd been standing in the middle of the neighborhood hugging and laughing with absurdly large suitcases all over the ground when we heard a bark and got reminded that this wasn't a safe place for us to be.

Nick and Clay helped him carry the suitcases. He packed like 10.

"Your house actually looks nice." George complimented, looking around as we entered the living room.

"Just wait until you see the one I got for us." Nick bragged, then realized that he still hasn't found a house. "I mean, we'll get for us, hopefully."

The next hour or two we spent showing George around and unpacking his stuff. I think the only thing he didn't bring was the furniture of his house and his mom.

"Didn't I tell you to only bring the things you can't buy from here? Why did you bring a used razor?" I cringed from the amount of hygiene supplies we were getting out of his bags.

"There's a half empty bag of skittles in here as well," Nick added, "you can't even see the rainbow, let alone taste it."

"Well fuck you. And the razor's been used only once." George snatched the bag away and took out a green skittle.

We watched him look at the candy for a while, which made me think he was trying to recall the color.

"Is yellow your favorite?" Clay was barely holding back his laugh while looking back and forth between George and the green skittle.

"Yeah. Totally." George nodded, throwing the candy in his mouth.

After a few seconds his face expression changed, "Wait.. this isn't the yellow one, isn't it..?"

"That moment when your tongue sees better than your eyes." Nick continued the bullying.

I thought they were about to start a fight, but George raised a brow suddenly, "Wait.."

He leaned closer to Nick's face, which made me think they were about to kiss. But I got excited way too soon.

"What is this?" George looked at the already greenish bruise on Nick's face.

And then he turned around and looked at my legs, "And this?"

Then he pointed a finger at Clay's bandaged forehead, "And why is this still here?"

We looked at each other, trying to come up with something, but couldn't. I know I should've said something before Nick would speak, but I had nothing in mind.

And as I saw Nick clearing his throat, I hit Clay's thigh in a warning manner, trying to get him to say something before it'd be too late.

"I passed out and they were trying to help me.. and they got injured." Clay's voice was low, which was an indication of him being unsure of his own words.

"Yeah, that's what I was about to say." I'd be surprised if Nick didn't ruin everything with his suspicious remarks.

However, the truth was way more absurd than whatever Clay came up with. So George just shrugged, nodding half-heartedly and changing the topic.

I'm glad I didn't speak, cause my version of an excuse was saying that the refrigerator fell on us cause there was an earthquake in Florida.

"I have the worst headache, you won't imagine." George whined as we were finally done unpacking.

"Do you need a pill? We have plenty." I laughed realizing how much medicine was in the house at the moment. We literally had a variety of painkillers, cause nothing seemed to work on Clay's headaches.

"Yeah, that would be nice."

I was about to get up and bring a pill for George, but he had already gotten up. 

"It's in the drawer on the left, the light blue pill works the best." I instructed.

George looked at me with an emotionless face.

"I'm colourblind."

That excuse would work any other time, but this time he was just overexaggerating things.

"You're not even colorblind to blue." I shook my head, but judging by his face, my remark wasn't accepted, "ugh.. fine, Nick help him, please."

"That blue pill doesn't even work, if anything, it makes headaches ten times worse."

Even though Nick was complaining, he still got up and handed George the pill. I didn't have enough patience to argue with him, so instead I went to the kitchen to get some food for us, ignoring whatever was going on in the living room.

Clay followed me like a lost puppy when he saw that George and Nick were on the verge of arguing again. Gosh, they were so unreasonably loud.

I was deep in my own thoughts when Clay's voice snapped me back to reality.

"I'm nauseous." Resting his head on his arms, he lied on the kitchen table.

I dropped everything I was doing and approached him with a pout.

"Awh.. you didn't get enough sleep," I didn't know how to help him, "wanna go to bed? I'll bring you some food."

"Not hungry," and that's when I knew everything was pretty serious, "I'll go get some sleep."

Clay kissed my hand that was resting on his arm before getting up. I followed him to the bedroom, making sure he was safe there.

And I could hear Nick and George acting like immature children even from the bedroom, which made me sigh, realizing that I had to tolerate them all alone, without the help of Clay.