՞՞131՞՞

"Oh?" Clay tilted his head slightly, "Hm.."

If I wasn't dumb enough to act like he was insulting me when in reality he was describing his stupid green block character, I doubt he would even question it further after finding out that he misheard it. But now he didn't even have to ask anything else, my behavior told him more than he even wanted to know.

"I'm sorry, he just had a dream and it doesn't mean anyth-"

"Majority of dreams are based on real thoughts, Liz." He cut me off.

"Sometimes I have the most bizarre dreams," I tried to clear up the air, "for example once I had a dream about taming dinosaurs."

"That just means you're having random mixed thoughts and you need some rest," just as I thought I successfully changed the topic, he spoke again, "but that's not the point here."

I would make another attempt of trying to at least soften the brow wrinkle on his forehead, but he suddenly started walking toward the door.

I got really scared and had to stop him by force, moving my entire body infront of him to block the way.

"Please." I didn't find any other thing to say that would be more appropriate in this situation.

Clay sighed, looking to the side instead of looking at me. He was also cracking his fingers, just by using the thumb on the same hand.

"It's not worth it," I continued talking, hoping I'd make him change his mind, "it happens literally to everyone, not a big deal really."

And when I saw his shoulders go slack in a way that I knew he gave up on the thought of leaving the room and talking to Nick, I let go of a relieved exhale.

"We already suffered enough from an issue similar to this, and that's the only thing keeping me back," he spoke, "and I know for a fact that if I go there, I'm not in a right mindset to handle the situation correctly."

I nodded immediately, not even paying attention to half of his words from how relieved I was that he wasn't going to talk to Nick. That was the only thing I wanted for now.

"It's okay, I'm sure everything will be alright, just don't make things worse for now." My words were quickly following each other, as my brain still thought that I needed to hurry up to save the situation.

Clay shook his head in disapproval.

"It's not okay. You can't possibly expect me to be okay with this," the way there was a small ignorant smirk on his face while saying these words alarmed me, "having a dream like that can be normal, I get it, but either he should've kept it to himself or told me about it just like he told you."

"I forced the words out of his mouth. I'm the one to blame."

"Cause he was acting up. By keeping it to himself I mean acting normal." Clay quickly followed up my words.

I wanted to say that controlling your feelings is hard, but then I realized that this case had to do nothing with feelings. Nick just had an urge.. a weird urge, which I think he could control if he tried enough.

But in the other hand I made it harder on him, cause I had no idea what was going on. If I knew better, I'd stay away from him.

"Let's just go back to sleep. I'm sure everything will solve itself." I was genuinely done with this conversation, and mainly because I had nothing else to say.

Clay just went back to the bed without reacting much to my words. And soon enough we were on the opposite sides of the mattress.

I was getting anxious from the lack of skin contact. But soon enough he rolled to my side and put an arm around me. That was the most reassuring thing he could've done.

After a while we fell asleep.

But just from the way I could even hear the birds chirping outside even though I was supposed to be asleep, I already knew the sleep I got wasn't long enough for me to relax. So I just decided to sleep throughout the afternoon. I had nothing better to do anyway.

But I still heard Clay getting up and leaving the room. And after that I started seeing one of those weird dreams that we were talking about earlier.

And as the hours passed, I started to slowly gain consciousness. I would sleep for a bit longer, but the way the house felt so quiet was giving me anxiety. Weren't both Clay and Nick awake? They'd make so much noise if it was another day.

And with these thoughts I slowly blinked my eyes open. I checked my phone, it was around 5 p.m. as far as my blurred vision could tell.

The parts where I forced myself to get up, wash my face and brush my teeth were pretty self explanatory. And during all those processes, the house was still abnormally quiet.

As I got out from the bathroom with the intentions of going around the house and checking on them, a sudden skin contact made me gasp.

Calling it a skin contact was pretty generous. In reality I got shoved to the corner of the wall. I got grabbed by my shoulder and just recklessly pushed.

As my vision readjusted and I could finally see Nick's features clearly hovering over me, I tried to react but he was quicker.

"You fucking snitched!" His voice was close to a whisper but overly aggressive.

"What? What's wrong with you!" I pushed his hand down from my shoulder.

At first I was relieved to see that he didn't protest when I got rid of the unwanted skin contact, but then he put both palms on the wall, on each side of my head, making it even harder for me to get away.

"You like his attention, don't you? You like giving him reasons to be jealous, yet complain when he does so."

Nick's words made my breath get caught in my throat. Not because I saw any truth in them, or they intimidated me. I was terrified because I saw Clay standing behind him.

Before I could speak or do anything physically, Nick's body got snatched away from mine and thrown against the wall - right beside me.