՞՞10՞՞

I know he said it was a 40 minute drive but still I felt like it took him forever to finally call me. By the time I got the call I had already prepared everything I needed to take with me. Such as my charger cause I wasn't sure what he was using and a pack of gum without which I never left the house.

He said that he was parked infront of my house. As I closed and locked the door, I saw a red car parked right there, a few feet away from me. At least finding him wasn't that hard.

I made my way to the car, opened the door and got inside.

What.

I blinked blankly, looking at him and not knowing how to react. I didn't expect him to look this... this... old?

He could easily pass for a 35 year old if not more. But who am I to judge.

"Uh, hi." I tried to keep my voice nice and friendly, not show the confusion that I imagined looked prominent on my face.

"Hello there?" He sounded so different in person, that I couldn't leave it unnoticed.

"You sound different."

I didn't get to hear his response. My phone rang. And the unsaved, but already memorized number of Dream made me realize that I fucked up.

I awkwardly stepped out of the car, thankful for the still unclosed door and took a few steps away, ignoring the heat of my burning red face.

My phone stopped ringing at that point, and I had to call back. Luckily he picked up immediately.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Where are you?" He repeated my question, putting the emphasis on you.

"Infront of my house." I wasn't, but I still could see the street clearly and there were no cars on the right side of the street.

The right side of the street.

"Are you the one with the white car?" I squinted to look at the tall guy, leaned on his car with a phone pressed on his ear, looking at the complete opposite direction from where I was.

"Yeah, I still don't see you though," he started to look around but the fact that he parked on the wrong side and was trying to see me leave someone else's house wasn't helping him.

I sighed and hung up, looking both ways before crossing the street and walking towards him, ignoring the fact that he was still calling me.

I couldn't tell how he looked like until I got close enough for him to turn around and notice me.

"Oh! Hi." He half smiled awkwardly.

The first thing I noticed was his height, which to be honest overwhelmed me, considering the fact that I wasn't even close to being tall myself. Then I noticed that we were almost matching in clothes, both wearing white hoodies and white sneakers with some jeans.

The biggest surprise was that he had dirty blonde hair, which was the complete opposite of what I imagined him to look like. Overall, he was cuter than I thought he'd be, but let's be honest, my expectations weren't that high.

"Hey." I was still having some trouble matching his voice to his looks. He sounded old.

After a moment of uncomfortable silence he spoke again.

"Well, this is awkward.."

"You should've seen the real awkward." I chuckled, still cringing from the recent memory.

"What do you mean?" He knitted his brows.

"Look at the red car, but don't be obvious," I tried to lead him to the right direction with my eyes, but he stupidly stared at my eyes instead of following my gaze.

"Where?" Just when I thought he couldn't get dumber he started to turn around with his whole body to match the direction I was looking at, "Oh, now I see."

I facepalmed, not knowing if he did that on purpose or just he was that special. Either way, the only thing that could save the situation was leaving the street as soon as possible.

"Let's go, I'll tell the rest on our way."