՞՞132՞՞

I gasped audibly from the force with which Nick's back hit the wall. I think I even felt the rocks vibrate behind my back.

"Clay, no-"

I tried to make my voice have at least some power to draw his attention to me. But from the way Clay had Nick pinned against the wall by his collar, I already knew that this was going to end disastrously.

"Don't you fucking think you're crossing every single line already?" Clay spoke through gritted teeth.

Nick didn't react immediately to his words. He had to close his eyes and open them again after one or two seconds, which made me think his head took a strong hit to the wall.

"Maybe you drew those lines in your mentally ill head-"

As Nick was about to finish that sentence, Clay pulled him away from the wall just a bit so he could slam him back - this time with so much force that made me slap my hand against my mouth. I tried to step in.

The biggest advantage Clay had was his height. He was towering over the poor guy, and physical strength wasn't enough to free him. And the fact that I had none of those two enough to even compete to them, I knew my attempts weren't going to result in anything.

"Clay, I'm fucking begging you!" My voice was cracking already from how scared I was for Nick. My short nails were digging through Clay's forearm, trying to make him loosen the grip around the poor guy, who was visibly still flinching from pain.

For a brief moment my torn voice succeeded to make Clay turn his head and look down at me. His tensed face expressions softened for a second, and I saw Nick reposition himself against the wall for just a little bit, which meant the grip on him weakened.

"Let him go. Please." Not only my fingers were shaking as I tried to slowly pull Clay's arm away, but my voice wasn't doing that great in terms of stability either.

I saw him take a step back, changing his gaze back to Nick and looking at him intensely - debating whether he should let go or not.

As much as his face expressions scared me, I could still see that it was him - Clay, and not someone else. Yeah, he was extremely angry, maybe to the point where it made him act completely reckless, but his personality was still there.

However, when my eyes landed on Nick, a shiver ran through my bones. If I was in his place, I'd at least hold a bit of fear or aggression in my face expressions. Not a smirk at least.

I tried to signal him to get away as soon as Clay would let go, but something about his glare told me that those hints weren't taken.

And slowly Nick was freed from the painful grip.

I finally felt like taking a drag of air after holding my breath for god knows how long. Long enough to make me lightheaded actually.

But as they were about to finally separate ways, Nick threw a punch at Clay in a messy yet swift motion. My vision got doubled when I saw Clay lose balance and support himself against the wall.

My first instinct was to scream and run towards him and try to help, but the pace of their actions was too much for me to deal with. Before I knew, Clay got up and threw a massive punch back - which luckily landed on Nick's cheekbone and not his nose, which would most definitely break.

I tried to step between them, still crying out for them to stop, but Nick pushed me back with one arm when I got closer. He used the other hand to touch his busted lip, chuckling at the blood stain on his fingertip and looking back up at Clay, who didn't seem to have any injuries.

Yet.

It was most definitely the frustration from seeing his own blood on his hands turning to actions when Nick pushed Clay back to the wall such force that made him shut his eyes tight, flinching visibly as the loud sound of him hitting the bricks filled the room.

"Are you fucking sick!?" At that point I threw myself at Nick, trying my best to not sob.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" Nick smirked, words sounding out of breath but still ignorant for me to lose control and slap him across the already bruising cheek and torn lip.

I didn't know I had it in me, but the slap was so powerful that it left my own skin burning and tingling after the contact for quite a while.

While Nick was out there trying to recover from the hit. I turned around quickly and ran to Clay, seeing that his eyes were still shut, face pulled in a way that I just knew he was experiencing horrible pain.

"Oh my god-"

I knelt infront of him, trying to remove his hand from his head and try to see what was going on. And right from the start it was already as bad as it could get. The bandage on his forehead was soaked with blood.

"Are you listening?" I spoke hurriedly with a shaking voice, to which Clay nodded.

"I'm okay." Even though his appearance said otherwise.. well he couldn't even open his eyes to say that, he was still wincing, I was somewhat relieved to see that he was responsive.

At that point I completely forgot about Nick, who had gone to the bathroom and washed his face apparently. The only thing reminding me about his existence was his voice bringing me back to consciousness with a cold-shower effect.

"Just so you know," I turned around from his voice, "I've been seeing those dreams ever since I came here, and I don't know how to fucking stop them."

And finally I heard some emotion in his voice. It was most definitely fear paired with something I couldn't quite recall.

Even though I could see Nick was badly injured too, I didn't stop him when he left.