՞՞53՞՞

The last few days that I spent with almost no sleep had their consequences. I was pretty sure I'd sleep throughout the whole flight when I got a bit drowsy, but I didn't expect to dive into such a deep slumber.

Everytime I slept during a flight I knew exactly where I was. I knew that I was in a plane, I knew that I was sleeping, I was pretty aware of what was happening. But now the only thing I could feel was the slight pressure on my thigh (which was getting number as the minutes passed) and the more dominant pressure on my head.

I only realized that Clay had fallen asleep too when I started to get that weird feeling in my stomach I used to get everytime the plane would land.

I opened my eyes almost immediately. My natural reaction would be looking around and trying to understand what was happening, but the scene of Clay's hand falling loose between mine (even though our fingers were still linked) made me come back to reality pretty quickly. And the pressure on my head was because he fell asleep on me.

I wouldn't wake him up if it the plane wasn't landing, but the thought of three of us being asleep while it happened made me do so. I squeezed his hand lightly and tapped his forearm with my other hand which was still ontop of our sealed hands.

And I felt him slowly stretching his body awake.

Only then I realized that Nick wasn't asleep at all. He was just sitting there smiling at his phone, and even said a little "hi" when both me and Clay looked at him.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier?" I pouted at Nick, as we heard the wheels of the plane drag on the ground.

"Didn't want to ruin your little moment." He smirked, pointing at our hands with his gaze.

I jerked my body away from Clay as quick and far as possible, but he didn't react at all.

"I- uhm.." I wanted to say something, but Nick continued.

"It's okay, he was holding my hand too." I knew he was trying to clear up the air he made heavy with his words.

"I was making sure I don't lose my kids in the plane," Clay shrugged, stealing a giggle from me and Nick, "can I have some water?"

"Here." Nick handed Clay his half empty water bottle.

"I'm not gonna drink from yours." Clay frowned, pushing Nick's bottle away.

Yet he drank from mine.

"Then die of dehydration." Nick shrugged and took a sip from his water, keeping eye contact with Clay.

Luckily it was already time to get out of the plane, which meant Clay could finally take his backpack down. And we let him take all of our stuff down, as he was the tallest and reached them just fine.

The next 30-40 minutes we spent in the airport. Luckily everything went smooth and at around 4 a.m. we were good to go.

"Now what?" Nick spoke, carrying both my and his suitcases.

"Now we call George and surprise him." Clay took out his phone.

And we tried to reach out to George for more than 10 minutes, but he probably muted his phone and fell asleep as usual.

"You do realize that we have nowhere to go until he picks up right?" I chuckled, giving up after the 5th attempt of calling.

"We can always spend the night in a hotel." Clay shrugged, looking at something in his phone.

"Or we can leave our belongings in a hotel room, explore London for a bit and then spend the night in a hotel," Nick suggested, "we've all slept during the flight, don't think I'm sleepy."

"Yeah we've all slept, Nick," Clay mocked, and only then I realized how tired he looked, "the only thing sleeping during the flight was my arm."

It was so cold and dark outside, and the last thing I wanted was to have a conversation in the middle of the street about our plans. So I suggested to go get the hotel room and decide the rest after that. They agreed without hesitation.

After that we were all towering on Nick's phone screen, trying to figure where the closest hotel was. And according to what we saw, there was one 10 minutes away.

"We can walk there. It's only 10 minutes by foot." Nick zoomed in and out on the map and looked around, as if he was trying to see where we had to go.

"Are you sure? We can take a taxi or something-" both me and Clay didn't trust Nick enough to let him take the lead.

"I'm sure, let's go." He didn't even let us question him again. We saw him leave, dragging the suitcases with him.

"Why do I feel like this is not going to go well?" I spoke to Clay before we followed Nick.

"Probably because you have common sense," he sighed, putting his hood up, "let's go."

We silently followed Nick for 10 minutes. The only voice between us being the sound of the stupid navigator changing the road every 2 minutes. And Nick's explanation to that was that it found shorter roads to reach the destination.

And the shorter roads ended up lasting for 20 minutes, and not taking us anywhere near a hotel.

"Nothing hits like late night walks in London." Nick was trying to make himself sound better.

"Just wait until I hit you." Clay sounded so pissed.

"It says 3 more minutes, just relax." Nick showed us his phone screen.

"It's been saying that for the past 30 minutes." I sighed.

"It's because you don't walk fast enough."

And that's what me and Clay needed to hear before speeding up purposely, to the point where it became uncomfortable for Nick to follow us while dragging both my and his suitcases and carrying his backpack too.