TJ Oshie

"I-I just don't know if I can do this anymore." I say and pick up my bag and walk out of the house.

I had to do this. I feel awful for it, but it was the best decision for both of us. I really hope he doesn't follow me, because that would make it so much worse. Between his schedule and my schedule, we barely spent time together. I'm not saying that it's his fault, but I just can't handle being so in love with him and never seeing him.

I get into my car and look at the door to the house one more time, only to regret it. TJ's face is red, his cheeks stained with tears. I pull out of the driveway and head over to my friend's house.

*two weeks later*

"A mocha iced coffee, please." I tell the barista as I hear a ding in the coffee shop, signaling someone entering the shop.

I look over and see TJ walk in and I try to look away, but I can't find myself to take my eyes off of him. Being away from him for so long has made me realize how important he is to me.

He sees me as well, our eyes locked on one another.

I hear my name, signaling my drink is ready. I grab my drink and start to walk past TJ without making any more eye contact with him, but he gently takes my arm and stops me.

"Hey." He says as I look at him with wide eyes.

"Hi." I say, hoping that the awkward situation will end soon.

"So...uh..." He stutters. "How have you been?" He asks me.

"I've been...good." I lie.

These past two weeks have been absolutely terrible for me. I haven't gotten any sleep whatsoever, I haven't been able to focus at work either.

"Well that's good." He says as we stand, both of us broken inside.

"(Y/N). I don't know about you, but I'm done with these games. I cannot live without you in my life, it's impossible. I don't care if we disagree on things or that we barely see each other, because I can change that. I can make more time for you. Over these two weeks I've been thinking a lot about what you mean to me and what we are when we are together. You make me a better person and I can't be without you anymore. Please, just come back home and we can make things better. I can make things better." He pleads as tears begin to fall down his cheeks.

I know what he's feeling, because I feel it too.

"Okay." I say before wrapping my arms around his neck as his arms snake around my waist.

He pulls me close and soon I begin to cry as well.

"I've missed you so much, (Y/N)."

"I missed you too."

He pulls away and gently kisses me on the forehead.

"Let's go home. We can get your stuff later." He says before taking my hand in his and leading us out of the coffee shop.