Cam Fowler

I scream from excitement as the fifth goal horn sounds, its noise filling the arena with electricity. I stand up to celebrate with the other Ducks fans surrounding me, giving each other high-fives and fist pounds. Jets fans sit scattered throughout the arena, the score on the board not to their liking.

The Ducks are beating the Jets 5-1 with only 14 seconds left in the third. I smile in amazement, looking down at the ice to see Cam. He smiles, cheering with his teammates as the final horn sounds, signaling the game has ended.

I smile to myself when I remember why Cam brought me to the game tonight. The Ducks have been in a losing streak since last week, so I told Cam that if he brought me to a game, they would win. Of course, I turned out to be right.

At first Cam thought I was insane, but I was honestly just having some fun. To my luck, the Ducks ended their losing streak tonight.

"I guess you could consider me your good luck charm." I smirk as Cam walks out of the locker room.

"I guess I could." He smiles back at me and places a swift kiss on my cheek, snaking his arm around my waist. "So, what are we doing to celebrate?" He asks as we exit through the doors and into the parking lot.

"We're celebrating?" I look up at him.

"Why wouldn't we?" He breathes. "It feels like its been forever since we won a game." He pulls his car keys out from his pocket and unlocks the car.

Placing his hockey bag into the trunk, he runs over to the passenger side to open the door for me.

"What did you have in mind?" I ask him after we both get settled into the car.

"I was thinking your favorite pizza place just around the corner." He smiles at me, awaiting my reaction.

"Really?" My eyes go wide.

"Only the best food for the best girl." He slides the key in and turns on the car, the engine coming to life.

Once we arrive at the restaurant, Cam orders for both of us and we have a great time, just as we always do together. It doesn't matter what we're doing together or where we are, we always have fun.

It's one of the many things I love about Cam; we always get along. We rarely fight, but when we do we quickly realize what our lives would be like if we weren't together, so we always end up coming back to one another.

I feel his eyes on me as I finish my last piece of pizza.

"What?" I ask him, confused at his stare towards me.

"Nothing." He giggles. "It's just... I love you so much."

I laugh. "Well, I love you too Cam."

"I know you do, but it's just so surprising that you're still with me." I look up from my plate.

"What are you talking a-"

"I'm almost never home with you." He pauses and shakes his head in disappointment at himself. He takes a deep breath before continuing. "I leave you almost every week or so. You don't deserve that, (Y/N)."

"But Cam, that's your job. You can't just not go on road-trips because I want you to stay home." I pause as he continues to think. "I completely understand, and I knew what I was getting myself into when I agreed to be your girlfriend." I reach across the table to place my hand on his.

"But it's not what you deserve." He pleads.

"But it's what I've decided for myself."

We stay silent for a few moments before the waiter comes to our table to place the check in front of us. Cam takes care of the receipt and proceeds to take my hand, leading me out of the restaurant.

"Don't be upset." I hold his hand in mine, squeezing it gently.

"I'm not upset, I'm just disappointed in myself."

"But you have to understand that it's not you, Cam."

He shakes his head as we sit in the car, the soft sounds of the radio playing as rain begins to come down from the sky.

"See," He breathes. "Even when I complain about myself, you seem to calm me down." He laughs while flashing a smile towards me.

I can't help but lean over and kiss him, placing my hands on either side of his head, pulling him closer to me.

He deepens the kiss and runs his hands through my hair, something he does that drives me crazy.

"I love you." I mumble against his lips. Soon I feel him smile into the kiss, my words reassuring him that I'm not leaving him anytime soon.