Kyle Clifford

"I'm going to the store, babe. I'll be back later." I tell Kyle and give him a kiss on the head before I head out the door.

His birthday is coming up soon and I am planning a surprise party for him with the help of his family and friends. I haven't been able to spend as much time with him as I'd like to, given that I've been going everywhere to plan everything to perfection.

Just before I can reach the door, I wince as Kyle questions me.

"What time will you be back?" He asks.

"In about an hour, why?" I ask him. He looks at me with sad eyes.

"Because I miss you and you're always gone." He confesses.

"Aw, babe, I promise you when I get back home we can spend all night together, okay?" I ask him and he nods.

"I love you." I tell him before leaving.

I go to the store and buy everything that's needed for the party. There was an accident that occurred on the drive home that delayed my arrival back home for awhile.

I walked in to see all of the lights turned off and Kyle no where in sight.

"Kyle?" I call out, but when he doesn't respond I figure he must be in bed.

I walk up the stairs and into our room to see him lying in the bed, sleeping. I change into my pajamas and get into bed next to him, curious as to why he went to sleep so early, especially when I was not gone long.

"Kyle?" I say his name gently, rubbing my thumb over his cheek.

He says nothing, but turns around, completely ignoring me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask him, somewhat offended at his actions. He doesn't respond.

"Kyle, please talk to me. Why aren't you talking to me?"

"Just tell me one thing. Why are you cheating on me?" He asks me.

"What are you talking about? I'm not cheating on you! I never have and I never will." I speak honestly and place my hand on his shoulder.

He turns towards me.

"Don't lie, (Y/N)!" He scolds and I flinch at his words.

"I'm not lying, Kyle!"

"You know what, I'm done." He says and my heart shatters.

"If you're so curious, I was out at the store getting things that I needed to plan your surprise party that I've been stressing about! So if you don't want to be with me anymore, because you can't trust me, be my guest and celebrate your birthday alone!" I yell and get out of bed, going downstairs to sleep on the couch.

"Oh my gosh, (Y/N). I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I-"

"Yeah, I know you didn't know. I try to tell you the truth and you never believe me!" I stop at the door and look back at him. He gets up from the bed and meets me at the door.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll believe you now. And if you wouldn't mind, I would love to spend my birthday with my girlfriend." He says and wraps his arms around my waist.

His forehead presses to mine as I see his tear stained cheeks.

"You really thought I was cheating on you?" I ask him and he nods his head.

"I wouldn't. Never. You're too special to me for me to ever think of being with someone else. I love you, Kyle. You have to know that." I confess to him and he looks into my eyes.

"I know, I just.. I didn't really think about that tonight. I love you too, and I can't wait to see the party that you've planned for me." He says and places a kiss on my lips.

We both lay back down in bed and go to sleep, relieved that our fight didn't end our relationship.