Alex Galchenyuk

"Just talk to me!" Alex yelled.

Last night Alex and I played Monopoly and he beat me pretty badly. He kept rubbing it in my face and continuously bothered me about it. I told him to stop, but of course, being the competitive person he is, he didn't quit. I eventually just stopped trying to get him to stop, and now I'm giving him the silent treatment.

"Did I do something to you?" He asks me.

I stand up from the couch and walk into the kitchen, completely ignoring him.

The first few hours were fine, both of us disregarding one another completely, but since those hours have passed, it has been driving Alex insane.

I know how Alex is, the competitive type, so beating him at a board game isn't always possible, but the silent treatment is the next best thing.

"I did do something, didn't I?" He asks once again as I grab a water from the fridge, going into the bedroom to lay down.

"Fine, (Y/N). Be that way. Don't talk to me then." He says with anger in his voice.

I don't hear movement for a few seconds, but I suddenly hear the door slam. He left.

I flinch as the door hits its frame and immediately place my head into my hands. I didn't mean for it to go this far! I was going to give it up really soon anyways, Alex is just too sensitive.

I run to the door and open it, looking for any sign of Alex, but his car is gone. I reach for my phone to call him, but once I hear his phone ring on the kitchen counter, I've lost all hope.

He could be anywhere right now, and it's all my fault because I couldn't handle his teasing.

I lay back down in my bed and try to go to sleep, but I can't. I can't help but think about him and how stupid I'm being.

Thoughts fill my head and eventually, after hours of thinking, I fall asleep.

I wake up and it's dark outside. I glance at the clock and it's a little past 8:00 p.m.

I rub my eyes and before me, on my bedside table, are a dozen roses in a beautiful, crystal vase. There's a card attached to the top.

It reads:

To my beautiful (Y/N), please forgive me. I know I cause you trouble most of the time, but you still seem to put up with me. I hope these flowers show you just a small amount of the love I have for you.

P.S.  I don't know if you're still mad at me, so I'll sleep on the couch.

-Alex

I quickly get out of bed and run out of the bedroom and to the couch that is in the living room.

I see Alex curled up in a blanket that is half his size, and run over to him. I kneel down next to him and gently run my hand down the side of his face, slowly waking him.

"(Y/N)?" He says my name and I smile.

"Yes, I'm here." I tell him and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"I've missed your voice." He tells me and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear, looking into my eyes.

"I've missed you, Alex." I confess and take his hand from my face and hold onto it, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles.

"Sorry I just ran out like that." He apologizes.

"No, Alex. I'm sorry that I haven't talked to you in almost an entire day. It was a stupid thing of me to do and I thought when you left, you would never come back."

"No, no, no. I would never leave you. I'll always come back, (Y/N). I can't possibly be without you." He confesses, sitting up from the couch.

I smile at him and thank him for the flowers and the sweet, yet slightly amusing message attached to them.

"I'm not mad at you, so you can come and sleep with me in bed." I say and laugh slightly.

He smiles and picks me up and carries me to bedroom. He sets me down right before the bed and I wrap my arms around his waist.

"I love you." I tell him while he embraces me in his arms.

"I love you too. Don't ever forget that." He tells me.

"I won't." I promise as we both lay down in bed. I wrap myself around him and place my head on his chest as we both slip into a deep sleep.