Rickard Rakell

The late night silence that fills the bedroom seems to be so overbearing. I've tossed and turned for two hours, my insomnia kicking in again.

"Rick..." I whisper into his ear, hoping not to scare him. When he doesn't awaken, I call for him again. "Rick!" I whisper a bit louder.

He stirs and turns to me at once.

"What's wrong, babe?" His groggy voice  breaks through the silence that seems to follow me so often at this time of night.

"It's back." His face tells me that he knows what I'm referencing without even asking me.

He sighs and wraps his arm around my waist to pull me into his chest. "But it was gone for so long. Why do you think it's back?"

I shrug my shoulders under the cover of his arms, enclosing me into a comforting hug.

"Can we go get ice cream?" My mind drifts back to the times in the summer when my insomnia first came into notice.

"I can't sleep!" I complain into the pillow.

"It'll be okay, I promise." Rick tries to comfort me in my times of chaos.

"No, it won't!" I sob, "I haven't slept in a week! How will I have the energy to do anything?"

He slides closer to me under the covers and places his hand on my back.

"Why don't we get food?" He suggests. "Food makes everything better." He tries to give me a reassuring smile but behind the joy plastered on his face, I know that I'll still be struggling with this for awhile.

"Okay." I place a smile on my face and we leave the house to go get food.

We end up going to get ice cream from my favorite ice cream shop down the street. We laugh for hours just talking about the most random things.

"Come on, let's go." He flashes me a smile and picks me up bridal style.

He brings me to the car and I kiss him on the cheek.

Once we get to the shop, he orders our ice cream and sits down across from me.

"Have I ever told you that you're the best boyfriend ever?"

"Maybe a few times." He smirks sarcastically.

"Well I don't tell you enough." I smile and lean across the table to peck him on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."