Jamie McGinn

"Are you almost done packing, (Y/N)?" Jamie whines to me as I place the last shirt from my dresser into my suitcase.

"Done." I state as I zip the luggage closed.

Jamie and I are making our way to Buffalo this offseason. He got traded to the Sabres, so now everything is chaotic with the move to New York. We had to pack up everything and get rid of a lot of things to downsize in our new apartment.

Jamie takes the suitcase off the bed and places it next to a giant pile of boxes that have been filling the space next to the door for a couple weeks now.

"Wow. It looks so empty." He says, his eyes wandering all around the deserted house. He begins to walk into the family room and I follow right behind.

"I remember when I first moved in with you." I state, recalling the memory.

--

I walk into the furnished house, following Jamie into the kitchen.

"Here it is. Your new home."

"It's not like I haven't seen it before." I laugh, remembering our first few dates and how we used to spend the late nights here.

"I know," He laughs too. "But this is the first time seeing this house as your actual home." He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist, leaning down to plant a kiss on my lips.

"That's true." I pause. "But it still looks the same."

He laughs and shakes his head as we both walk out of the house to retrieve my stuff from the car.

--

"Yeah, that was probably the best day of my life." He admits.

"Aw," I give him a hug from the side, my head leaning on his chest. "Well I'm sure our new apartment will hold the same amount of memories that this one did."

"I don't think so. At least not for awhile." He says.

"Why not?" I wonder at his pessimistic ways.

"Because." He simply states.

"Because....?" I question him.

He pulls away and faces me, before getting down on one knee and pulling a small black box out from his pocket.

I place my hands over my mouth, gasping.

"(Y/N), I know this isn't your ideal proposal... In a house that we're moving out of with absolutely nothing inside of it, but I couldn't help but feel like this was the right time to do this." He pauses. "Everyday with you has been better than the day before. You make me smile at the stupidest things. You make me happy whenever I should be sad." A tear escapes from his eyes. "When I heard that I had gotten traded to Buffalo, I didn't care. I didn't care, because I knew you were going to come with me. I don't care where I am in the world, or what I'm doing, because as long as I'm with you, I am the happiest that I can be. I love you more than anything, (Y/N). I want to be with you for as long as possible, so will you please marry me?"

"Yes!" I shout with tears sliding down my face. He slips the ring onto my finger and I immediately engulf him in a hug.

"I love you so much." I tell him.

"I love you too." He smiles, holding onto both my hands. "Do you like the ring?"

I look down at my left hand. I had barely looked at the ring, because of my excitement, but also mostly because the tears in my eyes had blurred my vision.

"It's beautiful, Jamie. It really is."

"Good." He wraps an arm around me. "Now let's go start our new life in Buffalo."