Sidney Crosby

"Babe?" I hear Sidney call out.

"I'm upstairs." I say as loud as possible, my voice giving out.

The past few days I haven't felt the greatest, but I never told Sidney because I knew it was just a simple cold that should go away soon. Today it is the worst that it's been. I have a sore throat, a headache, a stuffy nose, and I am extremely tired. I'm currently laying in bed, attempting to sleep it all off.

I hear him walk up the stairs as I feel my headache sting the right side of my forehead. The bedroom door opens and I see Sidney walk towards the bed, kneeling down to be eye level with me.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asks me, placing his hand on the side of my head and stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"I don't feel too great." My raspy voice feels like it will give out at any moment.

"I can see that." He frowns, but places a gentle kiss on my forehead, hoping to ease the pain of my cold. "Do you want me to make you some soup? I know I'm not the best chef, but I'm sure I can figure it out." He offers and I laugh, but it comes out of more of a raspy cry.

"That would be nice. Thank you, Sidney." I say and give him a smile. He replies with a smile and walks out of the room. He comes back a little while later with a bowl of soup on a bed tray.

I sit up and he places the tray in front of me on the bed.

"Thank you, Sid." I say and begin to eat the soup. He gets into bed next to me and waits until I'm finished until he grabs the tray and takes it downstairs back into the kitchen.

He comes back in bed and lays next to me, sliding his hand up and down my arm.

"What time is it?" I ask him and he checks his phone.

"It's six." He responds, looking up at me.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for your game tonight?" I say, panicked.

"No, I told them I wasn't feeling well so I could take care of you."

"Aw, Sid. You didn't have to do that. You really should have gone, I would have been fine."

"I know, but the sooner you get better, the sooner I can be less worried about you." He says and goes to place his lips onto mine, but I stop him.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"I was going to kiss my girlfriend. I can't kiss you now?" He asks.

"Not when I'm sick! You could get sick and miss a couple games, you're already missing one game because of me. I don't want to make you miss more." I say and he shrugs his shoulders and leans in quickly to kiss me, knowing that if he moves fast, I won't be able to stop him from placing his lips on mine.

"Sidney!" I scold, but all he does is laugh with the biggest smile on his face. His smile and laugh are contagious, so we end up laughing together.

My laughter ends quite quickly from another sharp pain in my head.

"Is it a headache?" He asks me and I reply with a slow nod. Without another word, he leaves the room and returns with a glass of water with some tylenol.

"Take these."

I do as he says and take two of the pills, hoping the pain ceases soon. Sidney puts on my favorite movie and we lay in bed together, his arms around my waist and him leaving a trail of kisses all over me.

Before I know it, the medicine kicks in and the pain in my head is gone as I soon drift off to sleep in Sidney's arms.