Ben Smith

"Ben!" I jump into his arms and he swings me around in a circle. Tears begin streaming down my face once I feel his warmth radiating onto mine.

I've waited for what feels like forever to be with him again.

"I've missed you so much, baby." He mumbles into my ear as I rest my head in the crook of his neck.

He slowly sets me down and kisses my lips.

"I missed you too." I breathe.

Being back with Ben is like a sigh of relief. He always makes me feel right at home, like I belong in his arms. I'm not complete without him.

"Come on, let's go home." I smile and grab his hand, leading him towards the exit of the airport.

"So what's new with you?" Ben finally asks as I pull out of the parking lot.

"Nothing, really. I'm just so happy that you're home." I smile. "Is there anything new with you?"

"Well, I've been wanting to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" I glance over at him.

"I'll tell you once we get back home." He grabs my free hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

We finally arrive back at home and I drag him inside and we both fall onto the couch.

"Okay, tell me!" I grab both his hands and smile, my eyes glimmering with excitement.

"Alright," He begins. "So while I was away, I was really starting to miss you. Really badly." He takes a deep breath. "And I realized that you're really someone who I can see myself spending the rest of my life with, so I was wondering if you would meet my parents?"

It feels as if all the air has been sucked out of my lungs.

"Yeah, s-sure, I'll meet them." I politely agree.

"(Y/N), if you don't want to, you don't have to. It's just, I want to marry you sometime soon. I want you to be a priority in my life, so I would love if you met my family." He explains.

"No, I-I want to. I'm positive."

"What's wrong then, baby?" He pulls me into a hug, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"It's just..." I think for a moment. "Nothing. It's stupid."

"If it's bothering you, it must not be too stupid." He places his lips on my forehead. "Just tell me." His voice is almost a whisper.

"It's just... what if they don't want you to marry me? What if they think I'm a loser or that I'm just with you for the money? Or what if-"

"(Y/N)!" He chuckles. "They'll want me to marry you." He stresses. "Once they see how happy you make me, they'll be begging you to marry me."

I sigh, still not totally believing him.

"And even if they don't like you... It doesn't matter because it's my life and I'm going to spend the rest of it with someone that I love." He places a strand of my hair behind my ear. "And that's you, (Y/N)."

His words make me smile, and I feel as if a surge of warmth has just erupted in my stomach.

"How do you know exactly what to say?" I lean into his chest.

He just laughs and kisses me a few times before going onto explain all of his family members that I'll be meeting in a few months.

~

It turns out that I fit into Ben's family perfectly. They're the sweetest people I've ever met in my life, and they will soon be my family as well.

~

Ben proposed a month after we returned from our trip, making me the luckiest girl in the world.