Sean Monahan

My best friend and I sit in our seats, right in front of the glass. It's my very first Flames game, so I can't help but squeal with excitement.

"(Y/F/N), I can't believe you got us these amazing seats!" I gush to my friend and she smiles.

"Well, I just thought you would like to come with me since you're just in love with Sean!" She jerks her head to look at the glass, "Look! There he is!" She screams.

I look at Sean, catching his glimpse, our eyes connecting for just a second, but it feels like minutes.

"He totally just looked at you!" My friend says and she begins to shake me, because I am frozen in the moment.

"(Y/N), are you not phased at all that you're favorite player just checked you out?" She asks me.

"He did not!" I laugh, but she refuses to believe it.

"No, he did and you know it!" She demands.

"They're just practicing and he's obviously just looking around, don't be ridiculous." I say.

My eyes return to the ice and find Sean again, this time he skates right pass us. He looks at me again, but this time he winks.

My face flushes red and my friend squeals.

"He likes you!" She freaks out and pounds on the glass.

"Stop, he's gonna see us!" I complain, but she doesn't quit.

He skates back over, laughing. He continues to stare at me, and flips a puck over the ice.

"Thank you!" He smiles and skates away.

"You guys are cute." My friend tells me and I smile, my face flushing red.

The Flames win in overtime, Monahan scoring the OT winner.

Before we leave, Sean comes over to us and asks me to meet him by the locker room in about twenty minutes.

We wait by the door and Sean finally comes out to see me.

"Hey, beautiful." He greets me, "I'm Sean."

I smile, "I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you." I introduce myself.

"Would you like to go get dinner? I can grab Johnny and we can go, if you'd like?" He offers and my friend nods her head eagerly. Sean must have noticed her Gaudreau jersey while we were watching the game.

"I would love that." Sean heads back into the locker room, my friend looking at me with wide eyes.

I'm going on a date with Sean Monahan.