Artemi Panarin

"I miss you so much." I whisper into the phone.

"I know, baby. I miss you too." Artemi  responds with sadness apparent in his voice.

Artemi has been gone for almost a week, and even though it hasn't been that long, I feel like it has been a decade.

We've been dating for almost five months now, and we've grown to be inseparable. Every second that we're away from one another, it makes us appreciate our time together even more.

"When will you be back?" I try to muffle my sniffle through the phone.

If he even knew I was crying he would come home right this second.

"I'm not sure, (Y/N)." I hear a sigh through the phone. "I'm so sorry, but I have no idea. I wish I knew, but I just don't."

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." I say before mumbling an excuse to get off the phone before I begin crying harder.

The next few days drag along just as the last week has. No Artemi means no motivation to do anything. It feels as if I've been emotionally unplugged from the world when he's gone.

The doorbell rings and I slowly get up from the couch. I groan in the process, feeling too lazy to participate in any daily activities.

I open the door to find... no one.

"Hello?" I look around but quickly close the door and lock it once I realize there's absolutely nothing there.

Freaked out, I begin to slowly walk back into the kitchen. I stop dead in my tracks when it rings again.

I turn around and run to the door. I open it and see someone with a bouquet of flowers.

I gasp in realization of who it is.

"Artemi?" I scream.

He removes the flowers from the front of his face and gives me his best, most adorable smile.

"Oh my gosh!" I fall into his arms and he engulfs me in a giant hug, kissing me repeatedly on the top of the head.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I look up at him. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

He laughs, "Aw, I'm sorry. I just wanted to surprise you." He leans down and presses his lips to mine.

I kiss him back eagerly, missing the touch of his lips on mine.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you."