Martin Jones

"The picture is crooked." I state as Martin steps back from the wall that the picture of us on our first date holds.

Martin and I just got married and we are moving in together today. All of our stuff is in a huge, cluttered mess in our new house and neither of us feel like sorting through it all.

He decided to hang pictures up on the walls after our furniture was placed just the way we wanted to, but now the picture is completely crooked and Martin thinks that it's straight.

"No, it's completely straight." He defends.

"Something's wrong with you if you can't see that the frame is not straight." I state and I visibly see his frustration with me as his eyebrows join into a hard line and his jaw tenses.

"It's not crooked!" He yells and I flinch at his reaction. We stand for a moment in silence, neither of us finding the words to say. Why does he have to be so difficult? Or am I the one being difficult? It's just a stupid picture, why is this so hard?

"Whatever." I say and go pick a box to start unpacking. I can sense he's still frustrated, wether or not it's with me personally or with the whole picture thing... I don't know.

We don't speak to each other for awhile and I unpack a lot of boxes in our bedroom and he unpacks boxes in the kitchen.

As I unpack the boxes, I see all of our wedding pictures. It immediately brings back all of the memories and happy feelings of that day.

Why do all of those feelings have to come and go so quickly? I place the picture on the bedside table and run downstairs, just wanting to be in his arms.

"Babe?" I ask him while leaning against the doorframe that is connected into the kitchen.

He turns around, his eyes slightly puffy. Was he crying?

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"No, I'm sorry. It's a stupid thing to fight over a picture." I admit.

We stand in each others embrace, taking each other in.

"This marriage thing is gonna be harder than I expected it to be." He confesses and pulls back to look me in the eyes.

"But, it's worth it. Of course we will get into fights and sometimes we won't talk to each other for a couple minutes or a couple days. The things we fight about might be stupid, like that picture that I would just like to throw out the window, or they will be serious. But one thing you have to know is that I will always fight for you. Every second of every hour of every day, I will be there for you. Because I love you and I don't want to ever lose you."

"I love you too." I place my lips onto his and melt into the kiss. He's all I could ever want and all I could ever need.