Brendan Gallagher

"Just move your feet like this." Brendan shows me a certain movement on his skis.

I try to imitate the same movement with my feet, but I fail terribly. So terribly, in fact, that I fall flat on my face.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Brendan rushes over to me while my face is buried in the snow.

"I don't think this is working." I try to get up, but only get up half-way until Brendan helps me back onto my feet.

"It's alright. We can just do something else today." He smiles.

"I'm sorry." I know this was something he was really looking forward to this weekend, but I can't ski for my life.

"It's fine, I promise." He reassures me by placing a kiss on my cheek.

I give him a weak smile as he helps me take off my skis. We walk back to the lodge and up to our room.

I change out of my snow-pants and jacket and into sweatpants and Brendan's shirt that was on the bathroom counter.

Brendan lays on the bed watching TV, looking as perfect as ever. I slide next to him and wrap my arms around his waist. He pulls me closer to him by snaking his arm around me.

Our noses are both red from the harsh winter weather that we just experienced less than twenty minutes ago. I'm so relieved to be inside, wrapped up in Brendan's arms.

"Can we stay here for the rest of our lives?" He asks me while he glides his hand up and down my back.

I close my eyes and hear Brendan's heartbeat from underneath me. "That sounds perfect." I breathe.

I feel his eyes on me, so I open my eyes and look up. Once our eyes connect, he smiles.

"What?" I laugh, mirroring his smile.

"I just," He shakes his head. "I love you so much."

His words make butterflies erupt in my stomach. Even though we've been together for two years, he can still make me feel the adrenaline I felt on our first date.

"I love you too, Brendan." I squeeze my arms tighter around him. "So, so, so much."

I still feel his eyes on me, but I feel his body tense under me.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I was going to wait until dinner tonight, but I can't." He kisses me on the forehead before getting up from the bed and walking towards his suitcase.

"Wait for what, babe?" I sit up and watch him intently.

I see him grab something and put it discreetly into his pocket. He walks over to me and takes my hand, helping me off the bed.

"(Y/N)," He gets down on one knee. "If someone told me two years ago that I would be down on one knee in front of you, proposing, I would have called them crazy. I would have said that there's no way that a girl as beautiful as you would marry me, let alone go on a date with me." He laughs. "But here we are now... You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know it sounds cliché, but it's true."

He pauses to take a breath, and then continues. "I know I'm probably dragging this on, but I'm so nervous." He pulls out a black box and reveals the clear diamond ring. "(Y/N), I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" My vision is extremely blurry from the tears that cloud my eyes, but I can see Brendan's smile clearly.

He slips the ring on my finger and stands up, pulling me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek multiple times.

He carries me to the bed and plants kisses all over my face. I find myself giggling like a little girl from his touch.

He stops after a minute and I look up at him, thinking to myself.

"I'm so excited that I don't think I'll be able to sleep for another week." I smile and he leans down from above me to kiss me.

He laughs and shakes his head, "You make me so happy, (Y/N)."