Idk what to call this one tbh

(Stay tuned till the end of the chapter for a sPoOkY announcement)

The family got to the lake and started setting up to go fishing. The trio got their rods and went to the edge of the water. America sat down on a rock.

"Mex, cast it out for me," America said, intentionally putting on his best diva voice.

"Can't you do it?" Mexico asked. America scoffed dramatically.

"You almost KILLED me," America exclaimed. Mexico groaned.

"You've almost killed me so many times. Get over yourself," Mexico said.

"Alright, alright,"

Meanwhile, Antarctica and Greenland were sitting nearby keeping an eye on the trio.

"Greenland?" Antarctica said.

"Yeah?" Greenland responded, his eyes glued to the trio.

"I just wanted to ask how you were doing. I've never seen you so... on edge before," Antarctica said.

"What do you mean?" Greenland asked, turning to look at Antarctica.

"Well... you seem super tense all of the time, and I've never seen you so hyper-vigilant before. Is everything ok?" Antarctica asked. Greenland sighed.

"I just... I guess I'm scared of loosing everything," Greenland said.

"What do you mean?" Antarctica asked.

"The people I care about... I don't want to lose anyone... why did I...," Greenland said softly.

"Make friends?" Antarctica said.

"Why did I think I... deserved friends? I'm just being stupid now, sorry," Greenland said. Antarctica put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you're not being stupid. You deserve love just as much as everyone else, and me, Canada, Mexico, America, Iceland and everyone else who cares about you aren't going anywhere. We'll always be here for you, ok?" Antarctica said. Greenland slightly nodded, trying to keep in his tears.

"Thank you," Greenland said. Antarctica was about to say something, when suddenly they heard a splash. They turned to see that America fell in the water, while Canada and Mexico were standing there, losing their minds laughing. America climbed out of the water.

"You've been falling a lot today," Greenland said. America smiled, but was visibly uncomfortable because it felt like something was in his jacket. America unzipped his jacket to find a fish. Everyone stood in silence for a few moments, before bursting out laughing.

"Well, that sure is one way to catch a fish!" Antarctica exclaimed.

Later, when they got back to their trailer, Mexico made fish tacos. The family sat on the porch, eating and talking about all of the stupid things they've done. While they were cleaning up after dinner, America sat down on the rocking chair and stared out into the sunset.

"Mex, lend me your guitar. Now is the perfect time for some bluegrass music," America said. Mexico smiled and got his guitar from the trailer. The family spent the rest of the sunset sitting together and listening to America play music.

Soon, they started getting ready for bed.

"Ok, we'll be leaving in the morning so-,"

"Awwwww can't I stay here forever?" Canada said. Antarctica laughed.

"Well sure, but you're gonna miss out on the Halloween party," Antarctica said. America perked up.

"I almost forgot! It's almost Halloween!" America exclaimed excitedly.