95. Observe

The sequel to "Lost" for the requester!

Theme:

143. Observe

It was always easy to observe when you're apart of the backdrop rather than the main actors. (Y/n) knew that well. Perhaps if this world was a show, the protagonists would have been the immortal nations, it was a fun concept, after all. Immortality was fickle, being both a blessing and a curse.

(Y/n) supposed she was more like an NPC, wasn't she? A background character who you may interact with though will never truly know much about. She faded from memory easily as she was never that interesting. It was better that way. She supposed it was lucky for her that she never attempted to make herself known.

Thinking about it, making herself known would make it difficult for her to disappear like she did most of the time, wouldn't it? Not being known had its perks, she supposed. Observing history as it plays out, watching rumours unfold, and eavesdropping from time to time. Knowing everything yet never speaking a word.

So perhaps, that was why she found it strange when she found England actively looking for her. It hadn't been obvious but it wasn't exactly subtle either. He seemed to be on the lookout for her, going back to the park she had met Sealand at or simply looking more attentive than usual. (Y/n) wasn't avoiding him per se, just observing him to see what he wanted.

She didn't find out his exact motive but she figured it was harmless enough. After giving herself a pep talk and ducking away whenever she saw him once more, she went back to the park she had met Sealand. She wasn't entirely sure if England would be there but she had a feeling he would.

She meandered through the park for a little while and lo and behold, there he was. He looked to be surprised to see her perhaps due to her absence from the past times he had checked the park.

"It's you," England stated with faux surprise.

"Me," (Y/n) agreed. "I'm surprised to see you here again."

"It's a nice park."

"Right."

"Regardless, I never caught your name the last time we met."

"I go by (Y/n)," she introduced herself.

"Arthur."

They shook hands politely and both took a step back.

"Would you like to walk and talk?" he offered.

(Y/n) gave a half-hearted shrug and said, "Sure."

They picked a path to walk unanimously without saying a word. The path remained largely empty, she noted as they walked. England seemed to avoid looking at her, instead opting to look at the trees. She waited for him to gather what he wanted to say. She was in no rush. It took all but about 2 minutes before he spoke.

"What do you do for work?"

"Hm?" (Y/n) hummed. "This and that. Nothing too special. How about you?"

"I'm a government representative," he explained.

"Nice. I bet you get paid well."

"Well, something like that."

Amusement flickered across her face as he said that. She wasn't sure if the nations actually got paid or if the country's money was just their own. (Y/n) never asked.

"You know," England began, "you seemed a bit familiar when we met."

"That so?" She raised an eyebrow. "You mentioned it last time."

"Are you sure we've never met before?"

"Certain." (Y/n) shrugged. "Who knows, maybe we met in another life or something."

He laughed as if what she said had been funny to him. Given the context, she would have laughed too but she didn't.

"Maybe."

End!

I'm putting this on hiatus as well. Apologies. I'll be back some time in the future to finish the last 55. Once again, I regret my decision to do 150 themes. Thanks for reading!