46. Gloves

The sequel to "Messenger" for requester! I feel like I wrote that one a long time ago. Jeez, it's been months since I wrote it. I'm surprised someone requested a sequel to it.

Theme:

125. Gloves

(Y/n) tugged her gloves over her hands. How long has it been since she left her 'job' as a messenger? She frowned as she left through the door. She wondered if everyone forgot her. She hoped so. It made the guilt of leaving without a trace more bearable if no one remembered.

She locked the door of her door behind her quickly as she made her way to the elevator. She patiently waited for the elevator to arrive. She unconsciously fiddled with her gloved hand as she waited. She wasn't sure when she started to wear gloves. Days tended to blend together like paint after this long.

Travelling was fun. After she 'quit' her 'job', she took up travelling as a hobby. She had the money and the time for it. Miraculously, she managed to avoid every nation that she could have ran into since she left. Which by all means, was a miracle. The elevator made a small 'ping!' sound as it arrived. (Y/n) stepped into the metal contraption and softly exhaled as it smoothly slid down to the ground floor. She quickly stepped out.

Rain poured heavily outside which was rather normal. (Y/n) pushed the door and opened her umbrella. The quiet pitter-patter of rain was constant and soft. She sighed softly as she walked out. Walking the rain, huh? She avoided a puddle and continued.

She chuckled to herself.

Because that's what normal people do.

~~~

England marched through the rain, annoyed. The next meeting was going to be held tomorrow in his country and he was only warned today. The umbrella he held covered him from the rain that was typical of his country's weather. He nimbly avoided all the puddles that littered the ground.

There weren't many people out which was understandable considering the rain. England made a sharp turn past the intersection. There was a woman simply standing in the rain, holding an umbrella. She wore plain gloves, a light waterproof jacket, a shirt under that, black pants and leather boots. She had (h/c) hair but her eyes were left unseen since she was facing the other way.

It was a little odd to see someone out in the rain and then again, who is he to judge? He's also out in the rain. Normally, he wouldn't approach random people in his country but there was something familiar about this woman. So, he approached carefully. Before he got close enough, she turned around towards his direction.

An undecipherable emotion passed through her eyes as her eyes met his. There was a small moment where recognition flashed through her face as if she knew who he was before her face returned to a neutral expression. Any words England would have said died in his mouth as he could only shut his mouth. He knew who she was.

He could the familiar (e/c) eyes as her lips pressed into a thin line. The rain was almost deafening between them.

"I'm sorry," she murmured.

Despite everything, he could hear her clearly as she naturally turned around and ran.

"Wait! (Y-" he tried to reach for her but stopped. She was gone.

The rain echoed in the silence as England tried to think about what had transpired. He found her after so long. England let his hand fall limply beside him. He had a few calls to make.

~~~

Luck never lasts long. (Y/n) gritted her teeth as she finally reached her temporary home. She knew luck wouldn't last long. She would run into a nation eventually regardless. It was practically inevitable. It just took a couple of decades for her luck to run low. Miracles were only miracles because they don't happen often.

(Y/n) still wished she didn't have to face them so soon though.

~~~

England impatiently waited for America to pick up.

"Come one, pick up you bloody wanker," he glared at the wall as the phone rang once, then twice.

America picked up on the third ring.

"What's up, dude?" America said cheerfully.

Uninterested in small talk, England cut straight to the chase, "I saw (Y/n)."

The was a small pause as America processed what he said.

"That's not funny," America said gravely, "You know how close I was to her."

"I'm not lying, you git," England bit out.

"Explain," he demanded.

End! 

Thanks for reading!

Sequel: 48. Secret