20. Thankful

The sequel to 'Unseen Hero'.

Theme:

24. Thankful

(Y/n) (L/n) had quite the reputation of being nice. If you ask her for help, she will help you... as long as it's legal and not harming anyone. So, it's almost surprising that she isn't the first person you turn to when something nice is unexpectedly nice happens to someone and they don't know who it's from.

I guess it proves she can be sneaky too.

~~~

England walked into class early like he usually does on Monday. The way to class was uninterrupted by any other students which gave him time to think about who brought him to his dorm after he got drunk on Friday.

He opened the door to the room and saw that there was only one other person there. (Y/n). She was sitting in her usual seat near the window and was drawing something in her sketchpad. She was one of the quieter students in the class which was something he was thankful for.

She turned her head towards him and nodded, "Good morning, England."

"Good morning, love."

Yes, truly, having a nice quiet person not screaming in his face in the morning was a blessing. The class started a while later and he was still wondering who it was that helped him.

~~~

Italy ran out of the building with tears in his eyes. The bullies were mean and Germany or Japan wasn't there to help him. He ran a quiet place in the courtyard where the cherry trees were. He found a tree and leaned against it, sobbing.

"Italy?" He heard a voice call out to him. He lifted his head to see (Y/n) standing there with books in her hand.

Italy sniffed a sob and tried to smile.

"Are you alright?" she asked with a concerned smile.

"Si, of course, Bella-"

"What they say aren't true," she cut him off with a firm voice. He stiffened. "You don't have to pretend Italy. You can't always be strong."

She gently placed down her books and wrapped her arms loosely around him. Italy felt tears build up behind his eyes. No matter how hard he tried, he broke down sobbing and wrapped his arms around her frame. He cried and (Y/n) gently comforted him with quiet words.

He liked how her words reminded him of the sticky notes that were left on his door and he was ever so grateful.

"Thank you, Bella."

~~~

Every year, Russia celebrated his birthday alone.

He would invite everyone but no one would come. His sisters were always busy with work on that day but they did send presents.

Why would this year be any different?

He sat alone in his room, the lights were lit, that streamers decorated the room, there was a cake in the center of the table and he was even wearing a birthday hat.

The cold nation waited before taking off his hat. "Maybe someone will come next year..." he whispered inaudibly. Then, he heard a knock on the door.

It could be. Could it?

Russia walked slowly towards his door, as if afraid of why anyone would knock on his door. He opened the door.

Outside was (Y/n), holding a bouquet of sunflowers. She smiled at him.

"Happy birthday, Russia."

The light blond-haired male couldn't describe the joy he was feeling at that moment when he realized that someone showed up to his birthday with a gift.

A smile broke out on his face and he excitedly let her in. She laughed and at that moment, everything was perfect for him.

"Thank you for coming, sunflower."

Sometimes, you can't always be unseen to be the hero.

~~~

America might want to be the hero but he knew who it truly was. He saw every note, every present, every smile, everything. He saw everything she did for them, even if they didn't know.

And he was thankful. He was thankful for everything she could do that he couldn't. He knew that he couldn't make everyone happy and neither could she. But, together they could make the world a slightly better place.

One hero at a time.

He thought (Y/n) was an amazing person. Helping people and not even bothering to collect the credit for helping them. She honestly a hero.

He was thankful for her and maybe along the way, he fell a little in love with her too.

End!

I'm debating with myself whether or not to create a separate story on the Unseen Hero timeline but more drawn out after I complete this one. Any thoughts? Thanks for reading!