75. Songs

A soulmate AU featuring 2p! Hetalia.

Theme:

22. Songs

I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away

I want you back

I want you back

In this world, everyone is born with a song stuck in their head. They and their soulmate share a song with the voice singing it being their soulmate. Everyone had a different song. There were more than enough for everyone after all, from classical to pop. Of course, there were always people who never found their soulmate.

My neighbours think I'm crazy

But they don't understand

You're all I have

You're all I have

(Y/n) hadn't met her soulmate yet though she didn't want to give up hope yet. The voice singing her, their, song was smooth and velvety and also tinged with an Italian accent. It was safe to say, she was enamoured.

Which was why she decided to take a trip to Northern Italy. It was a pretty good idea until it wasn't.

At night when the stars

Light up my room

I sit by myself

Talking to the moon

Tryin' to get to you

In hopes you're on

The other side

Talking to me too

Now, she was running. She had walked in on something she really shouldn't have and now she was paying the price. She should've just moved on, she lamented, but alas, she didn't and here she was. She had just been enjoying the city, humming her song. But now, there was a man chasing after her, and from the brief moments before she began to run, she could tell he had auburn hair and reddish, violet eyes.

Or am I a fool?

Who sits alone

Talking to the moon

She had heard one name before he began chasing her which was Luciano. She assumed that was his name but it didn't matter. Not when he had a knife in his hands and seemed very, very capable of slitting her throat with it.

I'm feeling like I'm famous

The talk of the town

They say I've gone mad

Yeah I've gone mad

But they don't know what I know

(Y/n) huffed as she weaved through the streets of Italy, careful not to bump into strangers and innocent people. She couldn't see the man chasing her. He seemed to be taking his time, casually going after her. She wasn't really familiar with the streets and that fact alone was already a big minus for her.

Cause when the sun goes down

Someone's talking back

Yeah they're talking back

She stopped to catch her breath and looked back. A mistake as Luciano's Bustina cap peeked just above the crowd. He was humming a song under his breath quietly, how he still had the breath to do so, she had no clue. She dashed past the people talking as well as what seemed like a soulmate couple who had just met. She would most likely die today before she even got to meet her soulmate, she sighed.

At night when the stars

Light up my room

I sit by myself

Talking to the moon

Tryin' to get to you

In hopes you're on

The other side

Talking to me too

Or am I a fool

Who sits alone

Talking to the moon

As she ran and turned a corner, she immediately knew she screwed up. A dead end. She cursed herself quietly and prayed that he wouldn't go take this turn. Her prayer went unanswered as she felt the wind get knocked out of her lungs as she was pushed against the brick wall. There were going to be bruises on her back if she made it out of this encounter. She could hear Luciano humming.

Do you ever hear me calling?

(Ah) oh oh oh

(Ah) oh oh oh

'Cause every night

I'm talking to the moon

Still trying to get to you

(Y/n) held her breath as he inspected her. He tilted her chin up with his very, very sharp knife and hummed a familiar song. She noticed the dried blood splattered on the knife and his clothes. She didn't want to find out who those were from.

In hopes you're on

The other side

Talking to me too

"Or am I a fool?" he murmured. "Who sits alone~"

(Y/n) felt her heart stop as he hummed the lines. Oh. Now she knew why he sounded familiar along with the tune he was singing.

"Talking to the moon," she whispered as the tip of the knife touched her throat. Luciano stopped with the knife still positioned at her neck. He frowned then smiled.

"I know you're somewhere out there..." he purred quietly.

"Somewhere far away..." (Y/n) finished.

Luciano's grin widened.

(Y/n) whimpered.

End!

Thanks for reading!