68. Harm

Mafia AU.

Theme:

70. Harm

To be fair, it was an accident.

(Y/n) was just 16 when she moved into the new town. There had been rumours that a mafia ran the entire town but that didn't stop her from moving in. Rent was cheap and the school wasn't too bad. And so, there she was, moving into a strange town with rumours of a mafia.

It was a fairly normal day, perhaps a little cloudy and the sky a little grey. (Y/n) had just finished class and was on her way out to the bus stop. In her hand was a cup of (f/d) which she had picked up from the school cafe. It was surprisingly decent. There was a quiet chirping of birds from the overhead tree as she walked along the sidewalk.

There was this kid, one or two years younger than her, running away from someone. (Y/n) wasn't paying attention and instead, opted to observe the scenery. What did catch her attention was the ugly rearing of a car engine going 20 kilometres past the speed limit and the boy who froze right in front of said car.

'I'm not getting paid for this,' (Y/n) thought as she dashed and pulled the boy back by the collar of his shirt.

The car veered past them as the boy faced her. He had pretty brown hair with a strange curl sticking out and his eyes were squinted shut. (Y/n) realized it was the kid she had seen earlier.

"Ve~ Thank you!" he smiled like he wasn't almost just hit with a car.

"Gods, be careful," (Y/n) grumbled, "I'm going to end up with grey hair early if all kids are like this."

"Feli!" a voice called.

"Fratello!" the boy answered cheerily.

A person who looked remarkably similar to the boy (Y/n) had just saved approached them. He had a scowl on his face as he yelled, "You idiota! Why did you run-a into the way of the-a car?!"

"Sorry, fratello."

As the brother, presumably, scolded the other boy, (Y/n) took a sip of her (f/d). Jeez, since when were kids this reckless. She felt like an old man. The second boy abruptly turned her and stiffly said, "Thank you for-a pulling back my idiota of a brother."

"No problem, kid," (Y/n) nodded.

"Ve~ Fratello," the first kid said, "Aren't we-a late?"

He froze and cursed before dragging his brother away.

"Bye, bella!" he waved as the two of them left.

"Weird *ss kids," (Y/n) shook her head and continued on her path to the bus stop. Another day, another problem.

~~~

(Y/n) was 18 when she got involved in her first-ever bank heist. She had just wanted to withdraw 20 dollars for heck's sake and next thing she knew, people were running, screaming and there were people with guns.

"I knew I shouldn't have come here," (Y/n) muttered as she hid behind a marble pillar.

A man fell dead beside her, a bullet straight through his head. She resisted the urge to vomit. A few seconds later, an albino with a gun came dashing around the corner.

He smirked as he saw (Y/n) and raised his gun. "Sorry, schatz."

[Schatz: Sweetheart (German)]

She felt her life flash before her eyes as his finger moved to pull the trigger. But then, he stopped. Another man with blue eyes and blond hair put a hand on his shoulder and whispered something.

"Jou can't harm her. She's on zhe no-harm list."

"Vhy?"

"Car incident."

The albino did an "oh" and lowered his gun.

"It's jour lucky day, schatz," he said with a wicked grin.

The duo left and (Y/n) felt even more confused than she normally did. What the actual hell. No-harm list? (Y/n) let out an exasperated sigh and picked herself off. Might as well leave the bank before anyone questioned why she was there. What a mess. This town was probably more trouble than it's worth.

But, too late to leave now. She's already caught in the web of this town with more than one person keeping an eye on her.

End!

Happy 2020. Thanks for reading!