62. Light

Hitman AU. It contains some elements of a project I'm planning. Keep an eye out for that but don't expect it anytime soon. Maybe a couple of years, lol.

Warning: A bit of violence.

Theme:

80. Light

There was a time when (Y/n) remembered she didn't have blood staining her hands. She wasn't plagued with the cruel visions of everything crashing down on her. Sometimes, she wondered how it ended up like this.

With her eyes blank, her outfit bloodied, her hands stained with another target's blood, another knife in her gloved hands and the target, dead on the floor. Her mission declared to leave the body. She cleaned up her things and began to make an escape. The lights shone from open windows and the streetlights flickered. She made her way back to the headquarters quickly and before long, she had arrived.

She made her way in without any issue and sent a quick message to say she completed the mission.

"Dudette! 'sup?" Alfred waved wildly, his glasses glinting, "Didja finish your mission?"

"Hello, Al. Yes, I did," she nodded.

He smiled like she wasn't covered in blood.

"That's great! We're having dinner with Mattie, Artie and Frency tomorrow. Are you coming?"

(Y/n) paused and whimsically tilted her head, humming to herself as blood dripped onto the floor.

"Sure," she decided at last. He grinned widely like she had given him all the stars in the galaxy. She never knew why he always looked at her like she was the light of his world.

"I'll be going now," she said, "Blood isn't going get cleaned out by itself."

"See ya!"

(Y/n) waved and walked to her room. She got cleaned up and put her things back where she needed them to be. She ended up laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Alfred shouldn't look at her like she was the light of his world. He should have picked someone else. Someone better than her. Someone without blood permanently staining their hands. Someone who would treat him right. Someone who wasn't her.

She was no light.

If only she had a choice to go into this profession. If she did, she wouldn't have gone close to this job in the first place. It's unfortunate she was practically born into it.

How unfortunate.

(Y/n) stared at the ceiling. She stared and stared and stared. Eventually, she fell asleep. Darkness was always a welcome friend.

~~~

"(Y/n) said she'll join us tomorrow, Mattie!" Alfred flopped onto a chair.

"That's great," Matthew tapped away at the laptop.

"Aren't you excited?"

"We see (Y/n) very often, Al," Matthew calmly opened the e-mail, "We were all raised together."

"Yeah, I know, but she's been so busy lately and we've been getting so many missions too!"

"It feels unfair," Matthew murmured, "It feels like they're trying to separate us."

They both knew it. Everyone did. They were just trying to lie to themselves at this point. Of course, they were being separated. The boss orchestrated it after all. It's not very subtle. The boss didn't like (Y/n) all too much and didn't quite like the idea that she was just as strong as Matthew, Alfred and everyone else.

Sexist b**ch.

Regardless, it would be nice to hang out together again. It's been so long and it would be nice to simply relax again. The light from the lightbulb flickered.

End!

Thanks for reading!