34. Unnoticed

I haven't done a Royalty AU in a while so here it is.

Theme:

8. Unnoticed

Balls were common in these days. They were held on random days that had no meaning but those of royal blood still attended. (Y/n) was one of those nobles. Her parents coddled her. They bought her gifts and made her attend these balls that she had no interest in.

She normally stayed close to the walls of the ballroom whenever she went because she had no interest in the other princes and members of royalty. This led to her being unnoticed a majority of the time at these balls.

And that was to way she liked it.

~~~

(Y/n) sighed softly as she leaned against the wall with a non-alcoholic drink in her hand. The music played in the background as the nobles socialized with each other, the princes and men attempting to court the princesses and ladies. She had no interest in such activities despite her parents wanting her to get married one day.

She quietly made her way to one of the open balconies. She walked slowly and calmly to avoid the other royals. Once outside, she sighed.

"Hello."

(Y/n) looked up and smiled, "Hello, Matthew."

Matthew was the Prince of Canada. He was the twin brother of Alfred, the Prince of America. He had golden blonde hair and violet eyes. He was kind, polite and cute. Then again, all the princes these days seem cute.

"How have you been?" he asked as she walked closer to lean on the railing.

"Decent," she admitted, "I wish my parents would stop making me come to these parties though."

The pair had become friends through talking with each other at these balls.

"If you didn't come, I wouldn't be able to talk to you," Matthew pouted.

(Y/n) giggled and smiled, "True, true."

He also let out a few chuckles at that. They normally talked about arbitrary things together like how to stay unnoticed in a crowd of people or how to keep your siblings from doing stupid things. The party seemed to continue quickly, unlike how drawn out they commonly were.

Soft waltz music played as other men and women began with their ballroom dance. People pairing together with strangers or familiar faces. Matthew turned to face her with a gentle smile on his face and glittering eyes.

"Would you like this dance, my lady?" he asked with a fake English accent.

"Of course, my good sir," she replied with a fake accent as well.

The two held the same stance for a second before they burst into laughter. Matthew's laughs were always light and soft while (Y/n) was like a twinking of bells, chiming.

"But, really, I would like a dance," she said, wiping some tears from the laughter.

"Of course," he said, leading her to the open ballroom where couples danced.

He placed a delicate hand on her hip, the other interlocking with hers as she placed hers on his shoulder. They danced around the other spinning people as the music began to pick up the tempo. Eventually there reached a point where they had to switch partners.

"I find you later," (Y/n) said as she began to spin away from Matthew.

"As will I," he replied as he had to got switch partners.

She spun around in sync with the other women until she reached another man. Their hands moved into the standard positions as they got a good look at each other.

He had long dark brown hair and amber-brown eyes. She glanced around and nodded. She had ended up in the arms of the Prince of China.

"Prince Wang," she greeted out of necessity.

"Who are you, aru?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

She wasn't surprised he didn't know who she was. It was part of her goal whenever she was at balls to stay relevantly unnoticed after all.

"I am (Y/n) (L/n)," She said as the prince twirled her around.

His face lit up in recognition, "Ah, a (L/n). I have heard of you, aru."

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow.

"I don't suppose the infamously comes from my parents?" she said dryly.

Yao chuckled lightly, "You would be surprised, aru."

The two danced for a while until another switch would happen. As the two spun away Yao left (Y/n) with a few words.

"You are more popular than you might expect, aru," his steely eyes shone as they separated.

She wasn't sure what that meant.

End! 

It's almost nine PM where I live right now. Thanks for reading!

Sequel: 36. Walk