26. Library

I honestly didn't notice but on the themes list, theme number 69 is Immature. (I feel immature now.)

Theme:

82. Library

(Y/n) silently read the worn-out book in her hands as her fingers gently touched the light coffee coloured pages. The candle flame flickered on the table as she turns a page. Giggling filled the room and she looked up.

"Mrs. Fairy."

A bright fairy flew into her view. The fairy giggled once more before flying in front of her.

"(Y/n)," she cooed, "Why don't you go out of this library?"

The girl sighed and puts down her book, "You know why, Mrs. Fairy. I don't know how to get out. There is no way out."

The fairy giggled more, "Of course. But what if I told you I found a way out, just for you?"

Her heart leaped, "What do you mean?"

"I found a way out, of course."

"How? This library is endless."

"I know. The library collided with a tunnel opening and build itself around it."

"Would I still be able to get back in here after I leave?"

"You know for someone who wants to get out, you sure ask a lot of questions," Mrs. Fairy snarkily said.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, "You know I still want to read my books."

"Alright, do you want to get out or not?"

"Sure."

(Y/n) patted down her clothes and stood up.

"Bring your book on the personified countries too."

"Alright."

(Y/n) floated up to one of her bookshelves and skimmed over the spines before pulling out one. The Book Of Countries And Personifications.

"Ready?"

"Yup."

With that (Y/n) followed Mrs. Fairy through the endless maze of her library.

~~~

Norway could feel a disruption in the atmosphere when the air seemed to feel colder. He had been exploring part of his forest where he usually meets his magical friends when he felt it. He walked around the forest, trying to feel where the source of the disturbance was before he finally found it.

There was a tunnel that dug deep underground and there were voices coming from inside it. Norway hid behind a tree to observe what will happen. There were two female voices. One was unfamiliar but the other one sounded like one of his fairy friends.

"Mrs. Fairy, are we there yet?"

"Yup, we finally are."

Two figures appeared out of the tunnel. One was definitely one of his fairy friends but the other was an unfamiliar girl.

Mrs. Fairy seemed to have spotted him behind the tree, giggled and flew over to him. The girl looked at him a froze. She had a panicked expression on her face as though she didn't know how to talk to him. She turned back to the tunnel and jumped back into it.

"Hello, Mrs. Fairy," Norway said, "Who was that?"

The fairy giggled, "That silly girl is my friend."

"Where is she now?"

"Probably holed back up in that silly library of hers."

Norway glanced at the tunnel before looking back to Mrs. Fairy.

"Shall we pay her a visit?"

~~~

The journey down through the tunnel was unexpectantly rough. But getting down there was a real treat. Along the way down, Mrs. Fairy spilled lots and lots of information about the mysterious girl. She lived in an endless library and she was immortal were the two main things Norway caught while the fairy was rambling.

Once he got to the end of the tunnel he was honestly amazed at the size of the library. Not that he would admit it. There were bookshelves everywhere, filled with books. Some of which he has never seen before. It was odd considering how old his nation was.

The fairy led him through the maze of bookshelves until they reached a large almost clearing like area. In the middle was the girl, or (Y/n) as Mrs. Fairy called her sitting on a floating chair that was clearly floating because of magic while reading a book.

There was a cup of tea floating beside her and candles all around her. She took one glance at Norway and Mrs. Fairy, sighed and dropped down from the air. Her expression turned shy as she slowly approached him with her book still in her hand.

"Hello," she awkwardly said, "It's nice to meet you?"

The last sentence sounded more like a question to Norway.

"Hello."

There was a lot they needed to get through.

~~~

(Y/n) blamed Mrs. Fairy for everything that has happened in the past week.

In the past week, she managed to find a way out of her library, find a personified country, befriend said personified country, be less socially awkward, go outside, be sunburnt because she hasn't been outside for centuries, and let Norway convince her to meet new people.

Which is where she is now. Norway was leading her through his forest and claimed that he was letting her meet some of his friends. Mrs. Fairy was following beside them, giggling.

"What if they don't like me?" (Y/n) whimpered as they approached the door to Norway's house.

"I'm sure they will," he said. Norway was surprisingly nice once you get to know him.

He opened the door to his house and walked in. It was a cozy house with bookshelves around with many Norwegian fairy tales and folklore books. He led her down through a basement door. The lights were off but there were little flickers of light around. Finally, they reached the bottom of the staircase and Norway walked through an open door.

Inside were two people. One Romanian and one Briton. They were talking about something along the lines of black magic. Norway greeted them as (Y/n) hid behind him.

"Who's that behind you?" the Romanian asked as he smiled, his little fangs slightly sticking out.

"Come out from behind me, (Y/n)," Norway said in a monotone voice.

She shyly stuck her head over Norway's shoulder, "Hi..."

End! 

I'm sorry of the slightly later update. Norway feels quite OOC in this theme but hopefully, I'll get better at writing some characters. According to my poll, most people think I'm 16 to 20 years old. Thanks for reading!