37. Strange

Sequel to "Soulmate" for requester!

Theme:

124. Strange

(Y/n)'s eyes widened in fear. She looked at the Italian fearfully.

"I-I," she stuttered.

She didn't finish her sentence and bolted out the cafe door. The bells chimed but she didn't look back. She heard the Italian shout something but she continued to run past the happy people on the streets. It was strange, how quickly this day turned sour with just one little comment. She made sure her sleeves were covering her wrists as she slowed down to a walk.

She ended up at the local park. The red strings connected people in the park with their soulmates. She looked at the red strings forlornly and then shook her head. Everyone was happy with their soulmate. She wasn't sure if she would ever be that happy. Her eyes trailed some of the red stings before she looked away.

Her eyes stopped at a trio of people. They were all sitting on a nearby bench together and there were three dogs next to them. There was an Italian who looked similar to the other Italian she ran away from. A German with blonde hair and blue eyes. The last male was Japanese. He had black hair and dark brown eyes. (Y/n) could see faint red strings reflected in his eyes.

"Huh," she murmured quietly to herself.

The trio didn't have any red strings on their pinkie just like the Spaniard and the Italian in the cafe. Maybe it was strange that they didn't have red strings on their pinkies but granted, she didn't have a clock on her wrist like everyone else so she could understand.

Today was a strange day in general. She silently hoped she wouldn't run into the Italian again. That would be awkward. She walked around the park to try to ease her mind. She was so engrossed in her thoughts she didn't notice a dog running towards her. She stumbled a little as the dog jumped onto her. It was a large dog, most likely male. The dog covered most of her view as it licked her face.

"Whoa, whoa!" she said as she heard distinct shouting.

"Aster!"

The dog leaped off towards the direction of the voice. It was probably his owner. (Y/n) opened her eyes and wiped off the dog slobber from her face. She carefully slid her sleeve down to cover her wrist again before anyone could see that she had no clock. She could tell the Japanese man saw but didn't say anything about it.

"I'm so sorry about him, miss," the German she saw before said as he approached.

"Don't worry about it," she smiled.

He looked faintly embarrassed, "He usually isn't like zhat."

"It's fine, mister..." she trailed off.

"I'm Ludvig," he said, reaching his hand out for a handshake.

"Ah, my name is (Y/n)," She took his hand and shook it.

"Luddy! Did you-a find him?" a voice with an Italian accent shouted.

"Ja, I did!" Ludwig shouted back.

The other two people she noticed earlier walked towards them. One was the Japanese man and the other was the Italian man.

"Ve~" the Italian hummed gently.

"Um, hello," (Y/n) waved.

"Ciao, Bella!" the Italian said as he smiled widely. His eyes were shut but it seemed like he could still see perfectly somehow.

"Herro," the Japanese man also greeted.

"It's nice to meet you two," she said.

"Ve~ My name is-a Feliciano!" the Italian man said cheerfully.

"My name is Kiku," the Japanese man also said.

"I'm (Y/n)," she introduced herself.

"Rudwig, we shourd get going. We wirr be rate to the meeting," Kiku said.

"Oh, I'm sorry for keeping you here then," (Y/n) said sheepishly.

"Nein, don't vorry. Ve vill have to go now," Ludwig shook his head.

"Okay," (Y/n) nodded, "Bye."

Ludwig, Feliciano and Kiku said their goodbyes and prepared to leave. however, before Kiku left he asked her, "Where is your soulmate?"

She only smiled sadly, "I don't have one."

"You don't have a red sting either," he steely eyes pinned her.

"Neither do you," she shot back.

He looked surprised, "We can tark about this later,"

He slipped a piece of paper into her pocket, "I have to go now."

She sighed, "Fine."

This day was only getting stranger and stranger.

End! 

Thanks for reading!

Sequel: 40. Gone