39. Good

I wanted a break before writing the next sequel so, hope that's okay with everyone. The basic idea of this theme has been around in my head for quite a while now. Human AU.

Warning: Possible trigger warning. (I'm sorry.)

Theme:

102. Good

This era wasn't a good one. Slaves were bought and sold. People died and lived. The rich paraded around with their slaves while the poor were captured to become slaves.

Matthew Williams didn't plan on being captured nor did he plan on being sold. This was the second time he had been in this cage since his first capture. His previous owner didn't like him so they sent him back. He could hear the loud murmurings of possible slave owners outside his cage, waiting to but one. He couldn't see them since he had a blindfold on but he knew he was with two other people. Gilbert and Lovino.

This wasn't the first time they were together. In fact, they had the same owner last time and had gotten to know each other. All of them had one thing in common, they were all separated from their brother. Gilbert had a younger brother named Ludwig, Lovino had a younger brother named Feliciano and Matthew had a little brother named Alfred.

Matthew could hear Lovino and Gilbert shifting around in their chains as the bidding began. The bidders bid higher and higher amounts of money and he could almost hear the sellers greed as the money grew higher and higher. He shifted uncomfortably on the cold cell floor. The loud calls of bids grew until a firm voice cut in.

It sounded female. Matthew could almost feel the shock of the other people in the room at the price she offered for all three of them. He wondered what this person would be like. His previous owner was mean and often yelled at him.

Matthew was sure he would find out soon.

~~~

Gilbert was nervous when he was being transported to his new owner's home. It was understandable considering past slave owners were never nice. The ride on the way there was bumpy. When they finally arrived, the slave sellers simply shoved him and the two other slaves out of the cart and through the front gate.

They weren't blindfolded but they still had chains on their arms. He could see Matthew shifting around in his chains as they were brought closer to the main doors of the giant house. Whoever bought them must be rich. Lovino seemed to be looking around the garden they passed by until the seller hit him to keep his eyes to the ground. Lovino flinched but continued walking.

The door was opened by a young woman from what Gilbert could see. She had (h/c) hair and striking (e/c) eyes. She and the sellers conversed quickly before she waved them off. The sellers let go of Gilbert and his two other friends while nodding sharply at the young woman. Her face was stone-cold as she watched them depart. Once they were out of sight, she looked at them and her face softened.

"Hello," she greeted. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n)."

Gilbert could see Lovino look wearily at her.

She fiddled with the keys in her hand before approaching them. Gilbert stiffened as she held the keys. She must have noticed since she chuckled lightly.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I just need to take the chains off," she said.

"How do we-a know you aren't-a lying?" Lovino asked gruffly.

"I mean no harm, you have my word," she spoke.

True to her words, she used the keys and removed the chains constricting their arms. Gilbert rubbed his arms that were bruised from the chains.

"Come in," (Y/n) gestured towards the open door.

Matthew shot him a hesitant look before reluctantly walking towards the open door. He and Lovino followed just as dubiously.

"There are some people waiting to see you," their owner said, was she their owner? She didn't seem like it, "It wouldn't be polite to keep them waiting."

Who would want to meet them anyway?

~~~

Lovino was suspicious of their new owner. She was an odd person and very unlike his previous owners. He walked behind her and Gilbert as she led them through the large hallways of her home. He had no idea who would want to meet him here of all places.

Eventually, they reached a large door with decorative images engraved into the wood.

"W-who is it that wanted t-to meet us?" Matthew stuttered, twiddling his fingers.

"You'll see soon," she replied vaguely.

This only made Lovino more on edge as she slowly opened the door and stepped in. She motioned them to come in. They walked in cautiously. Lovino looked to the couch in the center of the room. There were three figures sitting on it but the only one Lovino could focus on was an Italian man with light brown hair, golden brown eyes and a curl just like his.

After all this time, he finally found him. Lovino teared up as the man bounced towards him with tears in his eyes. They finally found each other. He openly wept as his brother wrapped his arms around him.

He had finally found his brother Feliciano.

~~~

(Y/n) stood beside the door as she watched Matthew, Gilbert and Lovino reunite with their brothers. Alfred, Ludwig and Feliciano were slaves she bought around a month ago. They weren't really slaves since she didn't treat them like slaves. Actually, they were more than welcome to leave if they wanted to.

When she heard they had brothers, she did her best to track them down. She hoped to reunite them and lo and behold, here they are.

There wasn't much good in this world but (Y/n) would be damned if she didn't try her best to help the world and make it a better place. Even if it means buying slaves just to reunite them with their siblings. As long as other people were happy, so was she.

End! 

AHHHHH! I'm so sorry for the late update! The past week has been really hectic! Thanks for reading!

Sequel: 71. Trust