51. Flowers

Hanahaki disease AU but with a bit of a twist. Inspired by a conversation I had in a discord chat.

Theme:

97. Flowers

"Welcome to the Hanahaki Flower Shop," (Y/n) said.

The tall man nodded and began to browse around the shop. (Y/n) merely hummed as she arranged a bouquet behind the counter. Purple aster flowers, bleeding heart flowers, and campanula latifolia flowers. All beautifully arranged into a single bouquet. The bell connected to the front door jingled softly as another man walked in.

He had brown hair, a stray curl and amber eyes. In his arms was a large bouquet of jasmine flowers. They looked perfect, untouched, almost as though they were fresh. He had a kind smile on his face as he walked up to the counter. He looked content with himself as though he had gone through a revelation.

"Hello, Feliciano," (Y/n) greeted, "How have you been?"

"I've been well," he smiled, "I'm here to-a donate these flowers."

He began to hand them over to her. She carefully took the bouquet and quickly placed them off to the side.

"Are they yours?"

"Si. Hopefully the last-a ones from me."

"Are you getting surgery for your hanahaki?"

Feliciano shook his head.

"I think I've-a," he paused, "Fallen out of love."

A brief silence stretched across the flower shop as (Y/n) tapped her finger on the counter. Then, she smiled and said, "That's okay."

He sighed in relief, "You think-a so?"

"Most of the time, people talk about overcoming their hanahaki disease or getting surgery," (Y/n) admitted, "But sometimes, falling out of love happens too."

"Most-a people don't talk about it."

"But it's still there."

Feliciano chuckled lightly.

"That's-a true. Thank you for listening to me. I might-a be back some time," Feliciano smiled as he waved.

(Y/n) chose not to comment on his glossy amber eyes and said, "And thank you for the flowers."

He exited the flower shop feeling much better than before. The tall man from before caught (Y/n)'s eye. He was spaced out as a light frown tugged at his mouth. (Y/n) though it didn't suit him quite as much as a smile would.

"May I help you?" (Y/n) asked.

"There is a story behind this flower shop, da?" he asked. He had a thick Russian accent that almost made it difficult to make out what he was saying.

"Yes."

She sighed wistfully.

"Are you the original owner?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Can you tell me the story?"

"I suppose," she took a deep breath and began.

"Many of the flowers in this flower shop were donated by the people with hanahaki disease. They donate the flowers they cough up. It's rather morbid, hm?" (Y/n) offered a smile.

The man nodded.

"I originally started this shop because of a friend. He died, but before he did, he crafted the most beautiful bouquets, because he said love has and always will be beautiful, in any shape or form."

"He sounds very nice," he said.

"He was," she hummed, "Anyways, would you like to buy anything?"

"Da. Can I have some sunflowers?"

"Of course."

(Y/n) glided across the floor and took the path she knew to the bouquets of sunflowers. She picked one up and made her way to the counter.

"Shall I ring you up?" (Y/n) asked.

"Da."

(Y/n) punched in a few numbers on the cash register. She said the price and the man handed her the money.

"Thank you for coming to the hanahaki flower shop," (Y/n) said the standard closing.

"It was nice to be here," he smiled.

She smiled as he left. The majority of the day was then spent organizing the flowers. It wasn't until it was almost closing time when the bell rung again. (Y/n) looked up and was rather happy to see two people she recognized.

"Hello, Berwald, Tino," she greeted.

"Hi, (Y/n)!" Tino waved while Berwald nodded.

The two of them had been dating for a fairly long time now. Originally, Berwald had a crush on Tino who hadn't returned the affection. Berwald got hanahaki disease, many things happened, Tino fell in love with Berwald, and the rest is history. They were cute together, (Y/n) thought.

"What would you like today?" she inquired.

"Ah, do you have any lily of the valley flowers?"

(Y/n) smiled and nodded. She led them around a couple of shelves until she found the flower. She let them pick out a bouquet before going back to the cash register. She cheerfully waved goodbye as they left. She hoped they were going to do cute couple stuff.

Finally, the day passed. It grew dark outside and it was closing time. (Y/n) turned the lights off, double-checked everything and closed up the shop. Today was simply another day at the Hanahaki Flower Shop.

End!

I'm back! I'm almost finished editing the old chapters. This won't be updated as often as before since I'm primarily focusing on Unseen Hero and school just started again. Thanks for reading!

Join a Hetalia discord server my friend and I made? http://discord.gg/Xtrnf3t