10. Glance

Yay. Hitman (ish) AU

Warning: Possible trigger warning. (Sorry)

Theme:

106. Glance

At first glance, your eyes would skim over (Y/n). Just another face in the crowd. Just another person with (h/c) hair and dull (e/c) eyes. Nothing special. You could forget her in a second.

[(h/c): hair colour]

[(e/c): eye colour]

At second glance, you would notice nothing different. No change in behaviour. Perfectly normal. Maybe that was why she was such an effective assassin and hitwomen.

Being able to act completely natural is a talent after all.

~~~

"Yes?" (Y/n) picked up the phone.

...

"A party."

"Not a job?"

"Just enjoy the party (L/n). You might see familiar faces."

"Very well then."

(Y/n) listened to the phone as it hung up.

"A party, hm..." (Y/n) hummed absentmindedly.

It was just a normal party organized by the organization she worked for. Her boss told her to enjoy it so she might as well right?

~~~

The party was in a large castle. The ballroom was lit with colourful lights and decorated with ornaments. People were all around the room, talking and eating food. There was an orchestra playing music and a bar for the adults who were looking forward to being intoxicated.

(Y/n) stood near one of the walls with a non-alcoholic drink in hand observing the people there. Her observing was interrupted when a Russian man approached her.

"Привет, подсолнух."

[Привет {Privet}: Hello (Russian)]

[подсолнух {Podsolnukh}: Sunflower (Russian)]

"Hello, Ivan," (Y/n) greeted the tall man, "It's been a while since I last saw you."

"да, It has been hasn't it?"

[да {Da}: Yes (Russian)] (Sort of redundant for me to keep translating "da" so hope you remember it.)

The two of them first met when they were both on a mission but had the same target.

~~~

Ivan positioned himself on the rooftop. The target was going to arrive any moment now in front of all the people at the ball. He gripped his sniper rifle and waited. It will be an easy kill for him. Just as the man stood in perfect view of Ivan and he pulled the trigger.

The man collapsed to the ground with not one but two bullets inside of him. Ivan knew he only shot one so where did the other come from? Another sniper perhaps. He no longer paid attention to the chaos in the ballroom and chose to scan the other rooftops. He glanced all around him several times before his eyes landed on a figure shrouded in darkness on the rooftop that was a few meters away from him.

Ivan could make out a female figure but no real details. He could vaguely see (h/c) hair but that was all. The figure looked at him and nodded. She used sign language and signed, "I will see you later." before she disappeared.