66. Runaway

Royalty AU.

Theme:

21. Runaway

"No."

"But-"

"No," (Y/n) scowled, "I am not marrying an unknown prince from another country."

"But, It'll be for the greater good!" her father exclaimed.

"No," she repeated.

"But-"

"I'm leaving," she spat as she turned around to walk to her room. Her father didn't try to stop her as she stormed off. He was always trying to get her to marry someone since she was now of age but it seemed as though no one suited her tastes. (Y/n) longed for an adventure, someone different from the monotonality of the life of royalty.

She knew that this time, her father wouldn't accept no for an answer. He was probably tired of her just saying no to everyone and anyone. (Y/n) did admit she was harsh at times but to be fair, some of them were pretty gross. It was like they weren't even trying to be presentable.

So, that's why she was deciding to run away for a little. Not for too long, maybe a couple of months or so. It wasn't like the kingdom was going to collapse while she was gone. (Y/n) had been planning to run away for quite a long time and tonight was the night she was planning on going.

(Y/n) had heard that the new prince that her father had roped into attempting to marry her was already in the town. Too bad he probably wouldn't get to see her before she ran away. Regardless, as nightfall approached, (Y/n) got everything prepared. Everything she needed was in a bag, the rope that she had planned to use to climb down was prepared and she even wrote a note to tell her father not to worry.

At last, it was midnight. With a confident smiled, (Y/n) tied the rope to a secure place and tossed it out the window. She tugged at it to make sure the rope wouldn't falter. Then, she climbed out of the window. Prior to planning her escape. she hadn't realized just how high up her bedroom was and now, climbing down a rope, she tried not to look down.

Then, she looked to the side in the direction of the town.

She froze. The other person did too.

On the side of a building, there was a man, doing the exact same thing as she was, climbing out a window.

'What the f**k?' he mouthed.

'What are you doing?' (Y/n) mouthed back.

The man did a half-shrug and continued to climb downward. (Y/n) did a shrug herself and climbed down. Soon enough, she reached the ground.

"Jeez," she mumbled and did a quick stretch. That guy was rather odd. He had silvery-white hair and bright red eyes. How uncommon. She did a sigh looked up to the castle.

"Welp, bye now," she said almost mockingly, "See you again in an undetermined amount of time."

Then, she ran into the forest. She ran for several minutes before she saw someone along the other row of trees, also running.

"Oh, cr*p, it's you," (Y/n) said.

"Vell, damn," he replied, "It's jou."

They both slowed down until they completely stopped.

"So, why were you climbing out a window?" (Y/n) asked

"Vhy vere jou climbing out a window?" he sassily replied.

"Fair point. I was running away. And you?"

"Running avay."

"Well, hot damn," (Y/n) clapped her hands together, "What's your name?"

"Gilbert," he smirked.

"Pleasure to meet you, Gilbert," she held her hand out, "I'm (Y/n)."

This will surely be interesting, won't it?

End!

Merry Christmas! Unless it's already passed for you. Thanks for reading!