60. Spelling

I am Canadian so it's like using a weird mix of American and British English if you get what I mean. This is Human AU. I'll be using Toby for New Zealand's human name.

Theme:

61. Spelling

"No! Alfred, It's spelled c-o-l-o-u-r!"

"But I spell it like c-o-l-o-r!"

(Y/n) swung her feet back and forth as she wrote in her answers for her English homework.

"Are they complaining about how Alfred spells things?" (Y/n) asked as she looked up.

"Oui," Matthew said, sighing.

"What can you do though?" Jett smirked, "That's just what they do."

"They always end up like this!" Peter whined.

"Wasn't Arthur checking Alfred's homework?" (Y/n) flipped the page.

"It was English homework," Michelle commented, "And you know, it escalated."

"Expected," she sighed.

"To be fair, Alfred's the only one who spells things the American way," Matthew chuckled.

"We were all raised in like, different places though," Leon boredly tapped the screen of his phone.

"And it's t-h-e-a-t-r-e!"

"Well, I still spell it as t-h-e-a-t-e-r!"

"It honestly isn't that bad Alfred uses the American spelling," (Y/n) mentioned, "Arthur is just very nitpicky."

"Look at Jett," Peter exclaimed, "He uses weird Australian slang!"

Jett wasn't paying attention at the time and was instead quarrelling with Toby. They quietly chuckled to themselves. Jett was still the true weird one the in family when it came to odd slang. (Y/n) folded up her papers and stuffed them back into her bag.

"Are you finished?" Michelle looked over at her.

"Yup," (Y/n) nodded.

"G-r-e-y!"

"G-r-a-y!"

Matthew sighed, "Alfred still has an essay due next week."

"It's for English," Toby noted.

"Are they still arguing about the spelling?" Peter whined.

Michelle laughed and picked up (Y/n)'s bag and put it on a chair. The younger girl stood up and pushed her chair in before stretching.

"Can someone pass me the iPad?"

"Here," Jett handed it over to her.

"Thanks."

(Y/n) unlocked the iPad and began scrolling through her things.

"T-r-a-v-e-l-l-e-d!"

"T-r-a-v-e-l-e-d!"

At this point, (Y/n), Michelle and Peter were lounging on the couch. Matthew was working away on his laptop at a desk. Jett and Toby were casually chatting on a different sofa. Alfred and Arthur were still arguing. A knock was heard from the front door.

"Who's getting it?" (Y/n) swiped through her iPad.

"I'll get it," Matthew stood up and walked to the door. He looked through the eyehole before opening it.

"Bonjour, Francis."

"Bonjour, mon cher," Francis smiled and stepped in.

[Bonjour, mon cher: Hello, my dear (French)]

"Hi, Francis," (Y/n) waved casually.

Each of them said their own greetings as Arthur and Alfred argued in the background.

"Are t'ey arguing again?" he asked, amused.

"Shut up, you bloody frog!" Arthur yelled.

Alfred laughed obnoxiously. (Y/n) sighed and continued to play with the iPad. It was just a normal day in the Kirkland house after all.

End!

I got stung by a wasp. Thanks for reading!