77. Quiet

This one contains a peek of a fanfic I'm planning that has to do with that mafia/hitman AU.

Theme:

5. Quiet

It was quiet. Far too quiet.

Matthew wasn't used to this sort of silence. He may have preferred peace and quiet but not like this. (Y/n) wasn't around so often anymore. It was because she had missions, she claimed. But, no one ever had back to back missions like she did, no one spent only a few hours back at base and then went out for another mission like she did.

And yet, that didn't change the fact that she did. She was always gone, it was like she never had time. Matthew had speculated maybe she was avoiding them and when he had asked her, she had sighed and quietly said, "I would be with all of you if I could." She was pulled into another mission soon after.

He wondered why she was always so busy. Alfred had tried to see if he could get paired with her on a mission only for his request to be denied, Matthew had tried as well only for the same result.

"Don't worry about it," (Y/n) had said. "I'll be fine."

Still, the quietness of the empty halls haunted Matthew. There were other agents around, of course, but they weren't her. It felt empty without her constant presence. Arthur seemed to have agreed. In the little free time they all had, he was always found holed up in the library. Perhaps it was because that was where he and (Y/n) used to always be.

Matthew missed her, he really did. Maybe he could get to her next time before she got pulled away to another mission. They can't ask her to go if they can't find her, can they? With that, he made up his mind.

~~~

Matthew got (Y/n) the next time. They got Arthur, Alfred and Francis altogether and spent the rest of the day together. They were happy that day.

Unfortunately, good things don't last.

~~~

It isn't until when Matthew returned from a mission and saw the furniture that was from what was (Y/n)'s room get moved, did he begin to feel worried. (Y/n) was nowhere in sight and when he asked why they were moving the furniture out, they merely shrugged and said they had orders too.

When Arthur came, bursting through the doors, panting and said, "(Y-Y/n)... S-she's gone."

Matthew's blood went cold.

End!

Thanks for reading!