47. Platonic

A purely platonic theme because friendship is the best ship.

Theme:

47. Platonic

The snow was falling gently as wintertime was in full bloom. (Y/n) grinned widely as she walked down the sidewalk with Emil beside her. The snow gave a small crunching sound as they stepped through it. The cold wind moved their scarves as they meandered through the wintery wonderland.

"I'm excited to have dinner with your family again!" (Y/n) cheered.

Emil sighed as they approached the house, "If Mathias tries to pick you up again, just yell."

"Of course, of course," she chuckled, "You worry too much."

He rolled his eyes, "Only for my best friend."

"Aw~ I'm glad to have that title! You're also my best friend!"

"By the way," he paused, "Tino and Berwald will also be here today."

She perked up, "Awesome! The more the merrier!"

"Only you would say that."

The pair approached a large house. The snow was piled on top of the roof and bright multicoloured lights were strung along the porch. (Y/n) hummed a cheery tune as they made it to the wooden front door. Emil knocked on the door twice. A couple of soft thuds were heard before the door opened.

"Hello, Emil, hello (Y/n)!"

It was Tino who answered the door. From her position at her door, (Y/n) would see Mathias on the ground (presumably because he fell) along with Lukas who was casually standing off to the side of him. It would be inconspicuous if not for the fact that Lukas had his foot stuck out to the side. Berwald was sitting on the couch and pretended to ignore the fact the Mathias was on the floor.

(Y/n) also pretended to ignore the scene behind Tino and instead greeted Tino.

"Hello, Tino!" (Y/n) happily greeted.

"Hello, Tino," Emil copied her greeting.

"Come on in, we're going to start making dinner soon!" Tino chirped.

"Do we get to help?" she asked.

"Yup!"

(Y/n) grinned widely as Emil began to walk into his house. She followed closely behind him and quickly shrugged off her jacket. She pulled off her shoes and placed them on the rack. Mathias seemed to have pulled himself off the floor and rushed forward to greet her. Lukas grumbled something under his breath but didn't stop him.

"Heya, (Y/n)!" Mathias exclaimed as he lifted her up and swung her around.

"Whoa! Hello, Mathias!" She barely got her greeting out before being swung like a rag doll.

Emil only glanced at the scene with the look of knowing how usual this was.

"You should put her down, Mathias," Lukas intervened with his usual monotone voice.

Mathias sheepishly grinned and settled (Y/n) down, "Oops."

(Y/n) patted her clothes down, "Don't worry."

"Hello, Lukas, hello, Berwald!" she cheerfully greeted.

"Hello, (Y/n)" Lukas dipped his head in greeting.

Berwald grunted and gave a small nod. Tino had closed the door earlier and was now preparing to go to the kitchen and begin cooking.

"Come on," Tino smiled as he gestured towards the kitchen.

(Y/n)'s eyes sparkled at the thought of food and hurriedly speed-walked to the kitchen.

"Come on, Emil!"

"Coming, coming," Emil followed her to the kitchen, both of them trailing behind Tino like little ducklings.

There was a sense of fondness as Tino led them into the kitchen. He carefully tugged on an apron and got to work.

"Make sure to wash your hands first!" he stated as Emil and (Y/n) both eagerly stepped into the kitchen.

"Okay!" (Y/n) responded and quickly moved to the sink with Emil following closely behind.

Tino washed his hands first, then it was (Y/n), finally, Emil.

"Alright!" Tino chirped, "Let's get started!"

Today is going to be an excellent day.

End! 

I'm so sorry for disappearing for over 2 weeks! The past couple of weeks have been busy. I might be on a semi-hiatus until school ends for me. I'm sorry!