44. Oblivious

Theme:

46. Oblivious

(Y/n) really was oblivious to any affection beyond platonic. Every nation could agree with that.

~~~

(Y/n) was wrapped in fluffy blankets as Hungary continued talking. The nations had a week-long break on a beach starting today. They all stayed in a hotel near the beach together. Every nation partnered up with each other for one room. (Y/n) got the chance to stay with Hungary for the trip.

Currently, some of the female nations were gathered in their room to hang out. It was around 9 pm and they were all wide awake. Taiwan had brought out some sake she stole from Japan while they were playing truth or dare. (Y/n) took tentative sips from her shot cup, trying not to get too drunk on the admittedly delicious sake.

"Okay, (Y/n)! Truth or dare?" Hungary asked (Y/n).

(Y/n) thought for a second before smiling, "Truth!"

Hungary giggled, no doubt from the sake, and spoke, "Are jou dating anyone?"

The (h/c)-haired girl blinked and tilted her head, "No? Why?"

The other nations gasped and Hungary asked, "I thought jou and Japan vere dating!"

"I thought England and you were dating!" Belgium chimed.

That led to various calls from the other nations about who they thought (Y/n) was dating.

"Why would I be dating anyone?" (Y/n) asked as she took another sip of sake, "What makes you think we would be dating?"

Liechtenstein was curled up against her lap, a little woozy from the drink. (Y/n) gently patted her head as she sent confused looks to the other nations.

"What about the time you and America drank from the same cup? It was an indirect kiss." Ukraine questioned as she combed through (Y/n)'s hair.

"What time?"

~~~

"Hey, dudette!" America waved as he approached her.

"Hi, America!" (Y/n) responded as she took a sip of her drink.

"What'cha drinking?" America asked.

"(F/d)," (Y/n) said, "Would you like to try?"

She held the cup towards America. He blushed slightly before responding, "Sure!"

He took the cup from her and took a sip.

~~~

"Oh," (Y/n) blinked, "That time."

"Yes, that time, (Y/n)," Ukraine carefully threaded her finger through her hair.

"That's normal," (Y/n) nodded.

"No, it isn't," Belarus rolled her eyes.

She shrugged in response.

"What about the time England kisses you at the party?" Belgium chimed.

"When was that?" (Y/n) tilted her head.

"At the last New Years' party!"

"That time when everyone was drunk?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think England was the only one who kissed me at that party," (Y/n) mentioned casually, "Besides, we're just friends."

"Come on! You guys kissed! What do you mean you're just friends?" Taiwan whined.

~~~

The new years' countdown was beginning. Most of the nations were still very drunk but managed to form some coherent thought for the countdown. England was beside (Y/n) as the countdown began.

"Is the countdown starting?" England asked.

"Yep, it is," (Y/n) laughed, "Can you believe it? It's almost a new year."

"I almost can't," he admitted.

"10!"

"Anything you would like to confess before the new year?" she teased.

"9!"

England's face flushed red.

"8!"

"I was joking," she said.

"7!"

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

"6!"

"Maybe I do have one thing I want to confess."

"5!"

"What is it?" she asked curiously.

"4!"

England stared at (Y/n) with so much love, it was a miracle she didn't understand.

"3!"

"I think it would be easier if I showed you."

"2!"

He gently cupped her face with his hands.

"1!"

He shyly placed his lips on hers.

"Happy New Year!"

~~~

"I can't believe he didn't just confess!" Seychelles pouted.

"Look at jou! Jou're still so oblivious!" Hungary complained.

"Oblivious to what?" (Y/n) tilted her head innocently.

Liechtenstein yawned and shifted against her lap.

Taiwan groaned and gestured to her, "This is what I mean."

"I'm sure he only kissed me because he was drunk," (Y/n) gently ran her fingers through Liechtenstein's hair.

Belarus looked at her, unimpressed.

"How do you explain the time Japan kissed you?" Taiwan asked.

~~~

(Y/n) walked through the halls towards the meeting room. The meeting was going to begin a few minutes and she knew Germany wouldn't like it if she were late.

"Watch out!"

Someone unexpectedly crashed into her. She fell backwards, the person falling onto her too. It turned out to be Japan. What was even more unexpected was the pair of soft lips that connected with hers. Japan quickly scrambled off, blushing bright red. He quickly stuttered out an apology and ran off.

~~~

"He only tripped," (Y/n) said.

"Yeah, right," Taiwan puffed her cheeks out.

Hungary sighed, "Poor (Y/n), too oblivious to get a boyfriend."

"Why should I get a boyfriend?" (Y/n) asked.

The female nations collectively sighed.

End! 

Thanks for reading!

Sequel: 50. Cute