33. Siblings

Fun fact: I don't have siblings but I've been told they're annoying. This is set in a modern AU. Expect weird ages.

Warning: A little bit of bullying.

I don't support bullying. If you are being bullied, seek help.

Theme:

31. Siblings

Having an absentee father and a constantly working mother, this left (Y/n) at the age of 16 as the oldest to take care of all her adopted siblings.

~~~

(Y/n) opened the door quietly. She flicked the light on and as if on cue, voices groaned at the brightness.

"Wake up, Al, Mattie," she said, "You're going to be late."

"Big sis..." Alfred groaned as he slowly sat up along with Matthew who rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Do we have to?" the younger brother whined.

"Yes," she said firmly, "All the others are awake, meet me down at the big dining table."

"Okay," Matthew said, starting to get up from his bed.

"I'll see you downstairs in ten minutes, okay?"

"Okay."

(Y/n) exited the room and began walking downstairs. Matthew and Alfred were one of her younger siblings, only nine years old. She had eleven adopted siblings in total. Matthew, Alfred, Arthur, Francis, Yao, Kiku, Ivan, Feliciano, Lovino, Ludwig and Gilbert. Yao and Ivan were 13 years old. Arthur, Francis and Gilbert were 12 years old. Ludwig and Kiku were 11 years old. Feliciano, Lovino, Alfred and Matthew were 9 years old.

(Y/n) walked into the living room where the big dining table was. Everyone except for Alfred and Matthew was gathered around the table.

"Good morning," she greeted as their attention was brought to her.

"Good morning big sister!" they all chorused together.

Feliciano rushed from his seat and ran over to her to give her a hug.

"Sorella!" he yelled cheerfully.

[Sorella: Sister (Italian)]

"Hey, Feli," she said as she caught him.

"Are Alfredo and-a Matthew coming down?" he asked.

On cue, the two brothers appeared in the room.

"Hey," Alfred said sleepily.

"Good morning," Matthew said.

The two sat down at the table. Feliciano also returned to his seat. (Y/n) sat down on her seat.

"Okay, you all remember that there's school today right?"

Grumbling was heard from some of her siblings.

She smiled sympathetically, "I know it isn't always fun but make some friends, okay?"

"Big sister, are you dropping us off today, aru?" Yao asked.

Everyone looked eagerly at her.

"Yup," she nodded.

Everyone cheered, some less enthusiastically than others such as Lovino or Ludwig.

~~~

It was convenient that the elementary, middle and high school were all conveniently next to each other and close to their home. (Y/n) walked all of her siblings to the school peacefully. They all talked with each other and got into a few harmless arguments.

"Try to make friends today too," she said as she held Ludwig and Gilbert's hands.

Each of her siblings had a rule as to who would hold her hands on which days.

"Da," Ivan responded with a smile.

"Alright, I'll pick you all up today too okay?"

"Hai," Kiku nodded.

"Stay safe," she patted their heads.

"Yes, big sister," Arthur said dutifully.

She dropped off Ludwig, Kiku, Feliciano, Lovino, Alfred and Matthew at the elementary school first. Then, she dropped off Gilbert, Francis, Arthur, Ivan and Yao at the middle school.

(Y/n) herself didn't go to the high school most of the time or at least directly. She technically attended the school, however, she had special circumstances that had her attend school online, through the online classroom. Her teachers were understanding and allowed that.

She also worked part-time at a local bookstore. Even though her mother sent her money every month, (Y/n) still worked because she felt as though just using her mother's money was just her leeching off of her. She walked slowly to her workplace. The bookstore was just two blocks away. She entered the small store quietly.

The smell of old books and tea filled her nose as she walked in. The other staff only nodded in greeting with pleasant smiles on their faces. She walked to the backroom to grab her nametag.

"(Y/n)!" A woman called as she entered through the back.

"Elizabeta," (Y/n) nodded, "Good morning."

Elizabeta was a Hungarian woman who moved to her neighbourhood nearly four years ago. She babysat (Y/n)'s adoptive siblings on rare occasions.

"How are jour little brothers?" Elizabeta asked as she walked into the back room with (Y/n).

"They're well," (Y/n) said, picking up her nametag and pinning it to her shirt.

The older woman nodded, "Vell, I'll be going now. Ve still have vork to do."

(Y/n) smiled, "Of course."

~~~

(Y/n) walked out the door.

It was almost three o'clock and she had to pick up her brothers. She walked to the elementary school first. Kiku and Ludwig were in one class, Feliciano and Matthew in another and Alfred and Lovino in another.

She decided to go to Alfred and Lovino's classroom first.

The bell rang and students rushed out of their classrooms.

"Lovi! Al!" she shouted to get their attention.

"Big Sis!" Alfred grinned happily as he ran over to her.

"Sorella," Lovino grumpily huffed as he followed Alfred to her.

"How was your day?" she asked as they made their way towards Feliciano and Matthew's classroom.

"It was so cool! I met this dude from Denmark!" Alfred supplied.

"I met this-a annoying middle schooler Spaniard who was-a lost!" Lovino complained.

(Y/n) nodded as the two spilled information about their day. They went along and picked up Feliciano, Matthew, Kiku and Ludwig before making their way to the middle school. The walk was okay, she picked up Yao and Ivan first. Then, when she went over to Arthur, Francis and Gilbert's classroom, she heard a shout.

"Freak!" a voice yelled.

"Wait here," (Y/n) said, her eyes swimming with worry.

Her little brothers obeyed, also looking worried. (Y/n) had an idea on what was happening. Most likely, someone was picking on Gilbert again because of the fact that he was albino. She barged into the room.

Inside was a boy yelling profanities and insults toward Gilbert and he tried to hide his tears. Francis and Arthur were standing in front of Gilbert with a hidden protectiveness. It was rare that Francis, Arthur and Gilbert would help each other, but this was serious. The teacher of the class was trying to hold back the boy who was yelling at Gilbert.

"What is going on here?!" (Y/n) screamed.

All previous shouting stopped. She looked around, furious.

"I will be taking my siblings now," she stated, grabbing her three sibling's hand and leaving without another word.

End! 

Thanks for reading!